Dear Settlers,

Before the maintenance that took place on the 13th of March 2014, the mechanism responsible for adding new settlers to villages was not working properly. In some cases villages became over-populated (i.e. amount of settlers living in a village was higher than the population limit).

During the maintenance the issue was fixed and the amount of settlers was adjusted accordingly. In case a village was over-populated, the script could modify the amount of unemployed settlers and if that was not enough, it could also adjust the amount of working settlers. No military units were affected, hence no units trained in Barracks were removed.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
  • No new settlers are showing up in my village! What to do?
    Check if the amount of settlers in your village is not higher than the population limit, example (population tooltip):

Amount indicated in green shows you the current population limit.
    Amount indicated in red shows the amount of settlers currently living in your settlement.

If the amount of settlers assigned to your village (indicated in red) is higher than the population limit (indicated in green),
    no new settlers will show up in your village.

Solution:
    Improve the current infrastructure (i.e. upgrade and/or build residences) or lose military units that exceeds the population limit.
  • I have space for new settlers, but new settlers just disappear ("0 settlers")! What to do?
    If you experience such behavior, it means that the amount of settlers in your village was too high before the maintenance. It also means that the amount of unemployed settlers was not enough to compensate removed settlers (the ones that were exceeding the population limit), hence some of the working settlers had to be adjusted as well.

In this case all "new" settlers (added over-time or by buffs) will be automatically sent to the working settlers group to replace working settlers that had to be removed. Unemployed settlers will eventually start to show up after the gap has been filled and if there is enough living space for new settlers.

Example:
    Population limit: 1000 settlers.
    Units before the maintenance: 950 military units, 100 working settlers and 50 unemployed settlers (1100 settlers in total).
    Units after the maintenance: 950 military units, 50 working settlers and 0 unemployed settlers (1000 settlers in total).
    What will happen next in this case (example mentioned above)?
    If you'd lose some military units (e.g. adventure) or improve infrastructure (residences), new settlers will not go to "unemployed' group, but they will be sent to the "working" group to compensate 50 working settlers that were removed during the maintenance. This will continue until the new settlers will fill the gap.
    Solution:
    If you logout from the game for approx. 30 minutes and nobody will visit your island, the visual issue should be solved.

Happy settling!
BB_Ravel