Reply to Thread

Thread: Omni Deposits

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle

Omni Deposits

Just an idea that would prove useful to players and possibly spin some more Gem sales for TSO.

Omni Deposits.

Or rather 2 deposits on the home island which can be changed to any type (Marble, Copper, Gold etc..) by purchasing the appropriate item from the store (50 Gems?) The deposit will then be found by the geologists in the same way as the rest.

So if you want to fill your copper reserves (and save gold by not buying it) you change it to copper and mine it as normal. Once your store is as full as you want it, change them to something else. Ensure that the size of the deposit remains the same as all the others (by type, or say 90%) and are not subject to the limits on numbers of each type of deposit. (Which is also something I think should be removed, why cant we use all resources on the map? Its all we have to work with!)

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by TarkatheGreat View Post
    Just an idea that would prove useful to players and possibly spin some more Gem sales for TSO.

Omni Deposits.

Or rather 2 deposits on the home island which can be changed to any type (Marble, Copper, Gold etc..) by purchasing the appropriate item from the store (50 Gems?) The deposit will then be found by the geologists in the same way as the rest.

So if you want to fill your copper reserves (and save gold by not buying it) you change it to copper and mine it as normal. Once your store is as full as you want it, change them to something else. Ensure that the size of the deposit remains the same as all the others (by type, or say 90%) and are not subject to the limits on numbers of each type of deposit. (Which is also something I think should be removed, why cant we use all resources on the map? Its all we have to work with!)
    I'm not sure what you're saying here. With the exception of iron and marble, that both have a 'spare' deposit (S1 for marble and S4 for iron), licences permitting you can have mines on all of your deposits and masons for all quarries.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Well yes, a 'spare' is one way of putting it but, as you say, licences permitting you should be able to use them all. But 1 iron, 1 marble and 1 stone cannot be continuously used. I dont really see a reason for this.

Isnt it true that a 'spare' deposit could also be called 'redundant'? So why have them? Open those deposits up to be transformed into the resource of your choice (provided you pay the gems for it) and use them.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    the easiest solution is to remove those random fluff pops - they do not add enough to the game to warrant keeping em in

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Well their there! Why not do something useful with them?

Any constructive comments would be greatly appreciated.

Battle Hardened Contributor Jamdoggy's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Icegirl View Post
    I'm not sure what you're saying here. With the exception of iron and marble, that both have a 'spare' deposit (S1 for marble and S4 for iron), licences permitting you can have mines on all of your deposits and masons for all quarries.
    There's a spare iron mine at the north end of s5 too

I can see what your idea does, TarkatheGreat, but not sure how it would benefit most players. If I need extra copper, I upgrade my 6 copper mines to Lv 2 or Lv 3. It means I have to send out my Geologist more often, but I can live with that. Having 1 extra spot in which I could build an extra copper mine (for example) wouldn't make enough of an impact on the copper ore income to make it worth me spending the gems...

Of course, if we are talking about an extra gold deposit, then the merits of your idea become clearer. You could get an extra 300 gold ore (which equates to 37½ gold coins on an unbuffed gold chain, but about 337 coins in a well-buffed chain). But what would be the cost in gems of this extra mine? To make it worthwhile, I certainly wouldn't pay more than about 50-60 gems, but I suspect it would cost more than that.

Also, how would the deposit work? Could you place it anywhere on the map? How would you specify what the deposit type was? What happens when the deposit 'expires', and if it's a mine, what happens when you demolish the mine? Do you need to send out your geologist to refind a new 'full' deposit like all the others?

I'm not trying to say it's a bad idea, I think it's a good idea, but I do feel it would be a little impractical and hard to implement...

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by TarkatheGreat View Post
    Well their there! Why not do something useful with them?

Any constructive comments would be greatly appreciated.
    Well there are 2 easy things to do with em, remove em or make em active like a normal mine/quarry (so remove the hard capped max mines/quarries in the sector) Anything else will involve far more development time and testing- which in all honesty could and should be spent on more usefull and fun stuff like pvp, post 50 progression and alternate progression like sciences etc.

i have seen too often where BB ran with some community "fun idea" or two and then get the next production letter pushing back needed stuff for another 6 months :P

Reply to Thread