Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: to all those quitting

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty_chook View Post
    exactly what i think
    as they wouldn't add new stuff if closing the game anyways
    They would if they can use the new stuff in other games. The fact that no one bother to respond to any of these discussions for me just confirms what way it is going.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    exactly what i think
    as they wouldn't add new stuff if closing the game anyways
    Put yourself in a devs seat. You have spent an age working on a bit for the game then hear that flash is to be pulled, you would want it uploaded to the game too i reckon, if only for your CV. May be why such a sudden flood of additions; all clearing their desks onto the server.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan3 View Post
    Put yourself in a devs seat. You have spent an age working on a bit for the game then hear that flash is to be pulled, you would want it uploaded to the game too i reckon, if only for your CV. May be why such a sudden flood of additions; all clearing their desks onto the server.
    Then there would be no point adding it if the game was gonna die
    im sure if it came to it bb would give good references anyhow

but for me makes no sense adding new things they killing the game
    as i read it flash is not going to die it just wont be upgraded no more
    so flash will still be around just no more adobe updates i think

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan3 View Post
    That's not how real life works. Devs don't really make the decisions alone what to do or not. There is always upper management approving things and planning for the coming months or years with a proper schedule so resources and time are not wasted. No one would approve people to waste time to do random things, especially judst to up their CV just to use it for another job

Making the changes and new content costs money so there needs to be enough time to recoup the costs back with profits. Don't forget at the servers, support, etc. alone are a cost so development time goes on top of all that.

Flash support will be completely removed from all main browsers which means the only way to play will be a downloadable client or using outdated/special browser versions or other more complex setups. Example from firefox roadmap: "In early 2020, Flash support will be completely removed from consumer versions of Firefox. The Firefox Extended Support Release (ESR) will continue to support for Flash until the end of 2020."

However not everyone can use the alternative ways or don't want to. Current slim browser does not support linux or mac at all. Even if there is a way to play it needs to be easy or more people will just quit and no new players enter. This may lead to userbase to shrink so its not worth it to keep the servers running.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Todays prolonged logging in problems are not helping either

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannerheim View Post

Flash support will be completely removed from all main browsers which means the only way to play will be a downloadable client or using outdated/special browser versions or other more complex setups. Example from firefox roadmap: "In early 2020, Flash support will be completely removed from consumer versions of Firefox. The Firefox Extended Support Release (ESR) will continue to support for Flash until the end of 2020."

However not everyone can use the alternative ways or don't want to. Current slim browser does not support linux or mac at all. Even if there is a way to play it needs to be easy or more people will just quit and no new players enter. This may lead to userbase to shrink so its not worth it to keep the servers running.

OH ok that makes more sense

i still think they arnt killing the game like loads do with the 2020 timeline some players have tho

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland

I would normally agree but seen it in other games ....alot of the new things are for gems which means revenue as ppl have to buy the gems we have had a heck of alot of new stuff that requires gems to pay for them and i have seen that in games before when they are closing i really hope that isnt true as i have spent a fortune in time and money on this game as i love it so much and hope its around for many years to come

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    lulu10093 I agree with you, we all get fed up from time to time, I just take a break
    Last edited by blackcab; 27.01.19 at 20:23.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    omg The more I am reading thread, the more I thinking about which knife is the sharpest, it is a pop in pop out past time. For me its a diversion from the boring TV or the missus depending on her mood, but its not life, its a enjoyable pastime game with the chat and co-operation of other players. If anybody thinks otherwise, please seek help. You can get the same interaction from real people,

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by craggles View Post
    omg The more I am reading thread, the more I thinking about which knife is the sharpest, it is a pop in pop out past time. For me its a diversion from the boring TV or the missus depending on her mood, but its not life, its a enjoyable pastime game with the chat and co-operation of other players. If anybody thinks otherwise, please seek help. You can get the same interaction from real people,
    Personally it is more than a pastime to me. I might have said it in the forums (I don't remember) but I know I've expressed it to non-gamers so they could understand the apparent insanity: I think of it has having a hobby of growing (for example) exotic orchids. Some take a lot of care, you can't forget or ignore them or they will die. So I've created these lovely orchids over years - sure I could just "forget" about them and let them die. They won't feel anything, they are just flowers - right? But I've put so much time and have so much pride in the collection I've made that it seems a pity to just dump them all on the compost pile.

So Settlers (or it's absence) isn't life-or-death or a reason for either but I've invested a lot and so consider it something more than a deck of cards I pick up, play with, and put back into a drawer.

(btw - most people are not worth associating with in my opinion - I avoid them all as much as I possibly can. Their interactions are typically shallow and selfish. As Dilbert said "I have nothing against the concept of social interaction. I simply don't like people").
    Last edited by Xibor; 05.02.19 at 02:17.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Reply to Thread