Reply to Thread

Thread: Because we need bridges :)

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove

Because we need bridges :)

Hi all...

No way around it, no way to sugar cote it, we simply need bridges in TSO!!!!

I've tweeted to TSO UK but they redirected me here so I made concepts and created two for your decision making process

Five concepts of bridges in general for the soul purpose of having a lvl 1 to lvl 5 bridge that will in all it's splendour and glory connect our working settlers and army troops if need be.
    At the moment, since I'm not that loose with time, I was able to craft only 2 3D models (lvl 1 and lvl 2 bridge) the other lvl 3-5 will be prettier, made of stone with combination of wood and other cool looking features. I've also made a composite how it would all look on the island and of course where I would like them to be placed.

If you see this as something you are willing to have implemented I can always devote some more time to finish the models and post for more C&C.

Regards,
    rocneasta /43 / sandycove
    Attached Images
    rocneasta / 53 / sandycove

World
    Sandycove
    The use of roads and therefore bridges, is something from the old settlers games which I enjoyed, and is sadly missed in this version as they are purely decorative here. With the prospect of the new mini islands, bridge building could be implemented with a function to increase the production or decrease transport times of production cycles on those islands. Each level of bridge upgrade could increase production/decrease travel time of the buildings on those islands either up to or higher than those same buildings on the main island.
    Without a function though , whilst I like the idea, and would certainly like to see it if they ever did a TSO II combined with roads effecting transport times. Being purely decorative it falls down the list of priorities of Bug fixing to get the game playable again. Nice work though
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

World
    Sandycove
    like the pics
    would be nice if you have a storehouse on the other side of the water that the bridge makes it able to get there safes more room for buildings
    Retired settler, may 2012 - oktober 2017

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Don't think I remember bridges from back in the day, but I only played Settlers I and Settlers II... I would really like them to be implemented, would save some walking time, would be a lovely added value to the game, it's only one png in the end so what's the harm...

I hope BB doesn't mind to reprogram the routes on the island and it would be the same thing as floating residences. Just set the places where the bridges can be built and voila

Fingers crossed

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Personally I'm not sure if I like this idea or not. However before work could start on any sort of functionality like this, work would need to be done to make roads be more than just a decorative feature.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    just to add my vote

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    I think this is a great idea. Well done rocneasta for putting in the time and energy on this. I would love to have some shortcuts for my guys to take

World
    Sandycove
    +1
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    thank you guys

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Could be a possibilty one day perhaps, there are bridges that need to be built in the new Buff style adventures on test.

Reply to Thread