Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Simplify rebuilding - less clicks

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove

Lightbulb Simplify rebuilding - less clicks

Do you sometimes feel that rebuilding mines requires accessing the Building Menu too much?
    I was thinking how it would work if we could rebuild mines directly by clicking on the deposit. So for example by clicking on an Iron deposit a menu with an Iron mine would pop up and by clicking on the icon, it would just start constructing or go to the building queue. In addition, if you have other suitable buildings like an Industrial Iron Mine in star, they would appear as well.
    Maybe something similar to the Christmas/football event where after clicking on an enemy camp a menu popped up and we could choose the buffs that could be applied to the camp.
    The same could be applied to Fish/Meat deposits - make them directly refillable without the need to access Star (Of course, the option to do it the old way remains).

Also, a similar pop up menu could be added to depleted Wells/Wheatfields allowing us to rebuild (and choose between I, II and III) them without repeatedly opening Building Menu. Alternatively, a "rebuild" button could be added beside a "tear down" button for depleted Wells/Fields, but in that case you wouldn't be able to choose between different Well/Field ranks.

Sorry for not adding any illustrative images, but i hope you get the idea

Kolobok_Zaraza
    +

Brotherjon
    Nice idea. I would also like to have some of the confirmation windows removed, particularly when upgrading mines. Or better still, select the building level you want to build in the first instance rather than revisiting them to upgrade by one level at a time. Probably won't be considered, but would be nice!

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    I have a vague memory of something like this being suggested before.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Simplifying these chores would make the game more enjoyable. And this is supposed to be a game, not house work.

+1 I like the suggestions a lot.

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    +1 million !
    Hello People

qawpaw
    +1

World
    Sandycove
    Some locations have several possible buildings that could go there and they would all have to be incorporated into some kind of pop-up menu when 99% percent of the time I'm going to want the basic option.

So I'd rather be proactive and select the building I want and then it's location instead of the other way around.

Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    Some locations have several possible buildings that could go there and they would all have to be incorporated into some kind of pop-up menu when 99% percent of the time I'm going to want the basic option.

So I'd rather be proactive and select the building I want and then it's location instead of the other way around.

I see what you're saying and I think adding Star menu buildings isn't a necessity. Like you said, 99% of the times we need the regular mine. But i would still like a shortcut even with just a Regular mine. Also, there aren't that many different options to choose form - only up to 3. (sorry, if i missed something)

Copper: Regular, Industrial, Endless
    Iron: Regular, Industrial, Arctic
    Gold: Regular, Industrial, Special
    Coal: Regular, Industrial
    Saltpeter: Regular, Industrial
    Titanium: Reguar, Industrial

And having their position fixed on the menu/wheel will help one memorize which building is where - I imagine it will become automated pretty quickly, like going through a Building Menu probably has by now, it would just require 2 clicks as opposed to 3 or 4 making the whole process smoother. Of course, as I mentioned earlier, the possibility to use the building menu would remain, so anyone who wants is free to use it.

The concept can be seen in the image below.
    I tried to make it at least somewhat visible. Forgive me my paint skills, though, it would have to look a bit more refined in-game
    Attached Images

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post

it cab be either choose to rebuild from mine, or just override it with new building, not big deal.
    Hello People

Reply to Thread