Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Trees gone crazy....

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by PChamps View Post
    The trees and wheat are subject to change due to the fact the walking distance changes
    Changes of walking distance always makes it worse.
    For wheat always - since it starts with the closest wheat fields.
    For pinewood that might be sometimes positive, sometimes negative in case you have a - on forresting. But, as I wrote: my forresting is -800, so my cutters should travel further and further away, resulting in production only to go down.

This can't be an explanation.
    Last edited by MrBranch; 31.07.13 at 20:00.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by lapta View Post
    So my map has been the same for at least 4 months, apart from adding the paper and book stuff (which makes my case even stronger)
    If you overview numbers are after adding paper and book stuff, and you dont change anything more, then before it was positive (for pinewood and coal).

Also if you use coal mines, the production value dependid location and amount of mines.

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBranch View Post
    Changes of walking distance always makes it worse.
    For wheat always - since it starts with the closest wheat fields.
    For pinewood that might be sometimes positive, sometimes negative in case you have a + on forresting. But, as I wrote: my forresting is -800, so my cutters should travel further and further away, resulting in production only to go down.

This can't be an explanation.
    Based on the assumption you took your readings when everything was at its closest.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    BB have recently done a fix for the economy view so that it now takes account of buildings in the process of upgrading, ~ they show as grey +0.

BB still haven't fixed the economy view so that it takes account of buildings that have stopped producing due to maxed-out storage.

And yes, the calculations for trees planted vs trees cut are still waaay off. If they were accurate, my island would have been bald long ago, but I have trees everywhere...

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    I do not buy any of the above, and tbh I give around 20k a coal a week to my GF
    Maybe your GF buffing you ?

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Same here Hairy; full of trees while I'm at -800 for forresting for about 2 months now.
    It's really an ugly bug, since I spent 3000 coins to upgrade 6 forresters to level 4, just to find out that it's a calculation problem.

Quote Originally Posted by PChamps View Post
    Based on the assumption you took your readings when everything was at its closest.
    Yes, I did. I only check my economy overview at the moment I rebuilt everything, since that's the only moment when you can see what your economy is really like.
    Do you think it has something to do with it? I'm hurting my brains to think of something that would decrease my cutting while my economy is not at max.; I can't think of one single thing (it's not like buildings start to consume less).
    Same for forresting; I can't think of anything that would increase it while my economy goes down...
    Yes...buffing....but people suggesting such thing have to believe that all of us reporting this have an IQ < 30.
    Last edited by MrBranch; 31.07.13 at 21:35.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    ..., if anything I am buffing my bakery and my weapon/metal smiths so I use more of the above resources.
    Buffing does not cause more resources to be consumed (other than for the production of the item used to provide the buff).

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    I stoped to watch economy overview for Pinewood and hardwood. Trees Depos are too small - so cuters and foresters keep jumping around deposits - first 3min closest is full, after 3min closest it empty. Same and in Economy overview - every minute it might show diferent numbers - try checking it with 3min intervals and You notice very diferent numbers each time. Hardwood and pinewood hardly can do by numbers - You need roughly guess.

Same goes for Farms once wheatfield depletes, but with smaller effect since production time is 4x times bigger. But always keep in mind to replace all depleted wheatfields before checking economy overview for production numbers.

Cant comment coal - but it might to do with coal mines Check numbers when they are rebuilded.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Been wondering about the forrester calculation for a while now. Think I'm going to just keep an eye on the tree count, when several start to hit 0 upgrade a forrester and see what effect it has

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Tree stumps appearing is the simplest/best way to tell if you're not planting enough trees, since the economy view cannot be trusted on tree numbers.

Apparently I'm losing 3000 trees a day & have been for months. Given the size of tree deposits, I should have achieved total deforestation a long time ago.
    It's best not to pay too much attention to what are obviously incorrect values.
    The worst thing about it is: trees being in the red causes all other produce that depend on logs to appear yellow in the eco view, even when production is actually sustainable.

The specific numbers in the eco view do jump around as foresters & cutters use different trees. As far as I can tell, a forester & cutter cannot work the same tree at the same time. When a cutter leaves a tree at the end of his work cycle, that tree is slightly depleted. A forester will move in to replenish the tree, and the cutter has to find a different tree. As you get more guys working in the pine industry, those number variations due to walk times should average out somewhat. One guy on a long walk will be balanced by another guy on a short walk somewhere else.

@MrBranch. 3000 GC may have been an untimely spend for you, but it isn't wasted. Upgrading those foresters is something you would have done / will do at some point. You've done the ground work for upgrading your entire coal industry & everything that uses coal.

Reply to Thread