Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Yet another strategy guides

World
    Northisle

Lightbulb Yet another strategy guides

The Island Of The Pirates
    Based on Hasmir's map, safe setups for all lvls included. Without any doubts its one of the most desired adventures for its 50% chance to get large amounts of granite with quite reasonable units loss.

BLOCK 1
    Watch on YT

BLOCK 2
    Watch on YT

BLOCK 3
    Watch on YT

Traitors
    Nice adventure to get over 7k xp, it also can be done only for xp with no loot with 5k xp with as little as 116R losses!
    Special thanks to Slett for showing double block possibility.

BLOCK 1
    Watch on YT

BLOCK 2
    Watch on YT

BLOCK 3
    Watch on YT

Victor The Vicious
    Based on Hasmir's map, safe setups for all lvls included. One of the most underestimated adventures. It's cheap, it has excellent loots and plenty of XP. And yet don't forget its the only adventure to get 2x33% chance to get crossbows.

BLOCK 1
    Watch on YT

BLOCK 2
    Watch on YT

BLOCK 3
    Watch on YT

BLOCK 4
    Watch on YT

The Black Knights
    Get your Dark Castle now if you haven't any yet!

BLOCK 1
    Watch on YT

BLOCK 2
    Watch on YT

The Dark Brotherhood
    Fast version + over 5k cheap xp possibility. We've seen plenty of Dark Castles already yet still really few of Witch Towers and thats the main reason to play it despite such unbelievable high cavalry losses. The ultimate loot is somehow a fulfillment for this hardcore battle.

<Fast Version>

BLOCK 1
    Watch on YT

BLOCK 2
    Watch on YT

BLOCK 3
    Watch on YT

Keep in mind that all starting positions are designated for solo play, if there is other player attached to the adventure for the loot purposes, blocks can be inaccurate, due to "off the garrison" time which in that case can be take longer even by 6 seconds.
    Last edited by Ra_V_en; 20.12.12 at 19:32.

World
    Northisle
    in VtV, have you tested the new pathfinding?
    Block 1 didn`t work for me, 2nd general got intercepted (twice).
    On blocks 2 &3 I killed one of the usually blockable camps just to be on the safe side (killed those without dogs in them & blocked the ones with dogs).

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Big fan of your guides Raven, will try those out soon. @ Polymer: Victor works like a charm for me. Got to keep in mind to send a general early when there's a delay on the map. With me it's about 2secs when i'm alone on the map. About 8 secs when othe peeps have arrived. If you did keep that in mind i don't know what went wrong ^^

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Polymer View Post
    in VtV, have you tested the new pathfinding?
    Block 1 didn`t work for me, 2nd general got intercepted (twice).
    On blocks 2 &3 I killed one of the usually blockable camps just to be on the safe side (killed those without dogs in them & blocked the ones with dogs).
    I did it more then 5 times already and even on the first run of the adventure when testing the very first positions based only on calculation (before further tweaks) didn't failed, if it wasn't for the new pathfinding then no point of updating it.
    You are saying that your general was intercepted twice, did you play it already twice based on my positions or used old Hasmir's map?
    The only thing I can think of in that situation is either the lag or misplaced garrison or starting positions.
    On my play, time needed for the general to show up on the map (from clicking to showing up) is 2-3 seconds solo play and thats quite typical value, but in that case to get any of em intercepted your time should be actually 0 seconds, so thats hardly possible.
    You could also miss the garrison 2 and 3 positions, garrison 3 is the one furthest and it's sent to the closest camp.
    I'll try to make a vid on actual run of the blocks if screens are not enough then.

Btw DustyDeer Vtv and Pirates is actually not mine guides, I've only updated it with the blocks, but thank you for the faith
    Last edited by Ra_V_en; 27.07.12 at 13:24.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Thx the pirates, good work again.

World
    Northisle
    I'm tweaking pirates setups for blocks, 41lvl+ will be even more safe, 26lvl+ will be able to do all 3 blocks with a bit of adrenaline still without a loss if timed correctly.

Block 2 with soldiers will last 4x20seconds + 40 seconds progress bar (120 seconds total), based on the video main general needs 95 seconds to walk and destroy the camp at the time of the block)

Block 3 with soldiers will last 5x20seconds + 40 seconds progress bar (140 seconds total), main 2 waves needs 95 seconds. It seems it also can be done with normal gen as a first wave 95+20 = 115s but it will be even more "fun".

For now to be tested:
    Block 1 - 1C 52S
    Block 2 - 1R 2C 53S
    Block 3 -1R 3C 61S

As soon as I run it few times, I'll update the image with block setups, if that will be fine then the difference on the map from 26lvl till the cannons will be only 23R!

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Pirates block #1:

Your setup:

My setup:

You can see, yours will last minimum 6 rounds (6+0, when you lose), mine will last minimum 7 (5+2 the progress bar).

Pirates block #2:

Your setup:

My setup:

You can see, yours will last minimum 5 rounds (5+0, when you lose), mine will last minimum 6 (4+2 the progress bar).

Pirates block #3:

Your setup:

My setup:

You can see, yours will last minimum 6 rounds (6+0, when you lose), mine will last minimum 7 (5+2 the progress bar).

Somebody can explain me this?

Last edited by Lisztes; 28.07.12 at 09:57.

World
    Northisle
    Well its not mine setup as you see its based on hasmir's guides, its exactly the same. My first intention was just to show possibilities for all the level's not messing with blocks itself but then realized this aspect can be tuned up also.
    Thats why I've written in the previous post that I'll add actually mine blocks on the updated map after I check them, so not really understand intension of the comment.
    Last edited by Ra_V_en; 28.07.12 at 13:14.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    I was trying to help you, as you can see I'v already found the best setups for those longblocks (and today I tried all of them).

World
    Northisle
    Ty then.
    Indeed its ultimate setups especially those 2 last blocks. If you don't mind ill put them in the chart below the map, any thoughts on ES replacement?
    To be honest soldiers isn't in my constant reserves only using them if its a must to spare some place for other units, thats why it prefer to use them instead.
    I got some options to test but maybe you got that done as well.
    Last edited by Ra_V_en; 28.07.12 at 14:10.

Reply to Thread