Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Change Log 16.05.2017

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    What I do not understand is why it takes 2 hours of downtime (+ whatever unforsen downtime) to implement something that is already running on the French servers. Other online game providers do weekly updates with no downtime, just a message comming up telling the player to reload.

And when will we be able to play in any browser with Steam login?

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by mbvdk View Post
    What I do not understand is why it takes 2 hours of downtime (+ whatever unforsen downtime) to implement something that is already running on the French servers. Other online game providers do weekly updates with no downtime, just a message comming up telling the player to reload.
    It seems like you think the French servers doesn't have downtimes...

And btw, most of what you call other games' "weekly updates" are not updates at all. It's maintenance, which is far from the same.

Not being rude or anything, but is this 2-4 hours downtime *really* such a issue for you?

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    Is original version of skill tree available somewhere?

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafnir View Post
    It seems like you think the French servers doesn't have downtimes...
    What on earth makes you think that? What I say is that the update has been tested and implemented on the French server before this one, so unless I'm much mistaken, it is already running there when the updates are done here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafnir View Post
    And btw, most of what you call other games' "weekly updates" are not updates at all. It's maintenance, which is far from the same.

Not being rude or anything, but is this 2-4 hours downtime *really* such a issue for you?
    Ah! So adding new types and classes of content, and what is comparable to new adventures, new buildings, new generals, new troop types, and bug-fixes, are not updates. Thanks for the clarification

And no 2-4 hours downtime is not a big thing for me, just seems strange that what other companies can accomplish with no downtime, BB needs 2-4 hours (and sometimes a lot longer) to do, and BB have tested the update on the test-server and run it on the Frensh server, before this one.

P.s. TSO is not a "cassual" game, it's a game that requires constant attantion to your island, so missing out on one a game session, does make a difference to your island.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    Marvellous, just 95 minutes notice of downtime yet again.
    BB, please can you be fair to people in different timezones and post these notices up at least 24hrs in advance, so we too get a chance to prepare for the downtime and not lose entire runs of explorers/lose buffs on workyards?
    The French managed it in good time last week so those in Canada and overseas departments weren't too inconvenienced, so why not here with our wider geographical spread?
    Of course, a return to lunchtime maints like they used to be wouldn't go amiss, a larger proportion of players would hardly notice the game missing around then.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by mbvdk View Post
    What on earth makes you think that? What I say is that the update has been tested and implemented on the French server before this one, so unless I'm much mistaken, it is already running there when the updates are done here.

Ah! So adding new types and classes of content, and what is comparable to new adventures, new buildings, new generals, new troop types, and bug-fixes, are not updates. Thanks for the clarification

And no 2-4 hours downtime is not a big thing for me, just seems strange that what other companies can accomplish with no downtime, BB needs 2-4 hours (and sometimes a lot longer) to do, and BB have tested the update on the test-server and run it on the Frensh server, before this one.

P.s. TSO is not a "cassual" game, it's a game that requires constant attantion to your island, so missing out on one a game session, does make a difference to your island.
    The point I was making about the French server, is that if it already had the update, then it also had it's downtime. You don't seem to understand that.

I didn't say that adding stuff are not updates, I NEVER said that. I was talking about WEEKLY maintenance, which YOU call updates, but are not adding stuff at all. This new patch is NOT part of a weekly system, they are NOT adding stuff WEEKLY. Are you starting to get the point now, or do you need it simplified?

Hint: again, you don't understand the difference between updates and maintenance.

Btw, which "other" companies are you talking about? Blizzard has weekly maintenance, but can sometimes be done with servers online. Sometimes they have so-called hotfixes, which usually requires servers to restart. But when they have updates, like the latest patch 7.2., they most certainly have downtimes too. Most other online game companies have a similar system, and they ALL have downtimes.

And last, for me TSO most certainly is a casual game, it all depends on how you play. And in almost every single other game (and especially MMOs), you can say the same: if you miss a game session, you miss out on something, because whatever you do in any such game, it's a progress. The opposite of "casual" is "hardcore", and that's at least NOT what I personally consider TSO to be.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    What I can't understand and have mentioned before, is why is the maintenance always at the same time. In New Zealand, it basically takes out the entire evenings play, which is the only time I get to play, so it's a day wasted, with no login bonus or GQ completion.
    I have suggested in the past that each time they do maintenance, they vary the time by 6h, so all of the world gets its annoyance, not us all the time.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Nibber View Post
    What I can't understand and have mentioned before, is why is the maintenance always at the same time. In New Zealand, it basically takes out the entire evenings play, which is the only time I get to play, so it's a day wasted, with no login bonus or GQ completion.
    I have suggested in the past that each time they do maintenance, they vary the time by 6h, so all of the world gets its annoyance, not us all the time.
    We conduct the update between these times as it's the time where the least amount of players are playing. Additionally, we need staff onsite to oversee the update being applied, and if we were to stagger the time every 6 hours per update, that would lead to having to have staff in overnight. We can't account for every timezone; the best we can do is just make it easier for the majority. I know this might not be the answer you're looking for, but that's why we conduct it at these times.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Saqui View Post
    We conduct the update between these times as it's the time where the least amount of players are playing. Additionally, we need staff onsite to oversee the update being applied, and if we were to stagger the time every 6 hours per update, that would lead to having to have staff in overnight. We can't account for every timezone; the best we can do is just make it easier for the majority. I know this might not be the answer you're looking for, but that's why we conduct it at these times.
    Thanks for having the decency to answer, no one has bothered in the past. Yes, it doesn't make it any easier, but at least i understand why.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Damn.... extended downtime again. Now im losing all buffs aagain. arrrggggh....

Reply to Thread