Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Posibility to disable PVP after logging in..

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove

Posibility to disable PVP after logging in..

Hi all,

As i view all the postings about the hole pvp thing, and a majority seem to 'not really be fond of it..'
    Would it be an idea to ad the posibility to disable everything that has to do with pvp, in like the first screen you see after you log in.
    So when the game loads, you wont be confronted with what you really dont want to see/hear/read/play.
    And i dont believe it would conflict with normal gameplay either..

So sort of like adding a button "Start game without pvp"

Is that an idea? feedback plz..

greets, Ares

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Do I understand what you want correctly ?
    No find expedition option for explorers.
    No rendering of academy, armory, marshal garrisons on your island.
    Marshals not to appear in star.
    PvP weapons not to appear in Trade window, Eco Window, Storehouse Window.
    No Pvp troops to appear in population tooltip.
    Globe not to be rendered at the bottom of the screen.
    No Pvp messages to appear in chat (Don't see how the filter could handle that one)
    No Pvp offers in that todays offers window when logging in.
    No Pvp mail to appear in inbox.
    No Pvp News popups.
    No Pvp items shown in chest.

Think that's all of it.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    WUT? PvP is the most awesome feature added ever.

We wanted new stuff - this is indeed new stuff. That is - if you take the time, the losses and the gained experience to learn how to play it.

Loads of fun are comming soon. We wanted the abillity to do more levels - it's comming: For PvP.

Most of the bugs are fixed. There are still a few left, but we are used to bugs at all times anywhere. ;-)

If you want guided tours, just stick to the normal adventures, but what I have learned from PvP so far is - when you get the idea of those expedition islands, normal adventures becomes incredible boring to do. So - let's turn off those instead.

Expedition islands are real dynamic strategy play. You cheat yourself for a lot of fun by staying away from playing all of the game.

No one forces you to play expedition islands, but you got my word - when you have figured it out, you will love doing them.

Besides - from what I can see there are a lot playing expedition islands, so jump on the waggon or be left behind. ;-)

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Newfoundland
    +1 to ksinori

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    No Pvp messages to appear in chat (Don't see how the filter could handle that one)
    No Pvp News popups.

Think that's all of it.

Yes please.. all of the above.. Would feel like having a spam filter in settlers..

And including the posibility to remove all the generals we mistakenly allready bought.
    Greets Ares

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by ksinori View Post
    WUT? PvP is the most awesome feature added ever.

We wanted new stuff - this is indeed new stuff. That is - if you take the time, the losses and the gained experience to learn how to play it.

Loads of fun are comming soon. We wanted the abillity to do more levels - it's comming: For PvP.

Most of the bugs are fixed. There are still a few left, but we are used to bugs at all times anywhere. ;-)

If you want guided tours, just stick to the normal adventures, but what I have learned from PvP so far is - when you get the idea of those expedition islands, normal adventures becomes incredible boring to do. So - let's turn off those instead.

Expedition islands are real dynamic strategy play. You cheat yourself for a lot of fun by staying away from playing all of the game.

No one forces you to play expedition islands, but you got my word - when you have figured it out, you will love doing them.

Besides - from what I can see there are a lot playing expedition islands, so jump on the waggon or be left behind. ;-)

Same here.. yes.. remove it all plz.
    I saw the wagon coming..it is shaky, rusty, buggy, slow, loses track to often and needs to much stuff to move forward. I think i'm better off on foot.
    I tried it on the test server...was waste of time there. Was hoping for the better and tried it on normal server, waste of time, energy and resources there..
    Would maybe be idea to put it in a different game then. With no connection what so ever to the Settlers Online normal game..
    They can keep the pvp, the 'fun', the rankings (??the what?? Sry, my ego is not big enough to fall for that..), the bugs and other related stuff.
    New website: "Settlers Online PVP" or something?

If they want to do more fun things..I would be more pleased with (inter-)server related events like "end of the world" or so.
    Grrets Ares

World
    Sandycove
    I agree with Ares to a degree in that I'm not fond of both the idea and implementation of the PV?. I also see from ksinori and Baggis who like it, and feel that it would be equally wrong of me to expect it to be removed entirely from the game because of my personal preference.
    However being constantly bombarded with PV? content, from opening screen merchant pop up and an ever constant reminder of the `optional' mislead in doing the quest line and being stuck with PV? stuff on the island or star, is somewhat of a niggle. Add to this that virtually all test and new stuff is PV? recently and I do feel that those of us who do not like it are being subject to having it rammed down our throats just a little too much!
    I would much prefer a real opt in or opt out choice rather one of passive ignoring and with that a refunding procedure or alternative use for not wanted PV? buildings and personnel.( I can live with PV? things in secondary menus and trade )

This is your opinion, and I respect that, but you are not speaking for me or many others. Firstly it is NOT real dynamic strategy play as there are pre-set limitations to defensive positions and only offensive interaction capabilities, this does not meet the definition of `Dynamic strategy' play.
    I very quickly figured them out, but just like some normal addy's which I do not do for the same reason, I find many of them poorly balanced and not `worth' doing overall. For what is an `economic' strategy based game, this should have been given more thought, which it clearly wasn't, and shows the limitation of the developments team knowledge of the underlying basics of their `original' game. This weakened the PV? concept from the outset ( Even putting the bug fest to one side ). The tweaks and `balancing' for PV? and nerfing of normal addy's as an after thought only gave the impression of further arm twisting to `force' players to do it, this hasn't gone down well in some quarters!
    And its not a case of falling behind, its more a case of feeling alienated by the Development team and forced away from the game I once enjoyed.
    Last edited by Larili; 31.05.15 at 13:06.
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    This is how I differ dynamic from static strategy play:

- When you do a normal adventure - you figure it out, and you do it the same way over and over and over. A new type of general introduced in to the game might make you change the way you do it (I just did that with BK after the MoD introduction.) But it is the same way everytime until we get a new type of general.

- On expedtions islands - the camps are placed randomly. (More than one player asked for this, on normal adventures, long ago.)
    -----

The fun on expedition islands is that you can sneak past camps if you place your garrison right, and next time you do the excactly same shaped island, you cannot.
    It might seem very easy to do tier 1's - and I agree, it is, but the complexity increases on tier 2 and tier 3. For an example - I have done several huge expedition islands on tier 3 (during easter event, as they paid out 80 or 200 eggs) and my losses were between 700 and 2300 troops. All a matter of how I could place the garrisons.

The easy part is the settings - 60 bandit cavalry will always die when attacked by 38 pikemen. Always - everytime. So the settings is the guide. The placing of the garrisons is the tricky part as you have to choose wisely everytime.

I have tried expedition islands where none of my defence would have any impact, if the attacker was smart, and islands where all the defence would hurt the attacker. Sort of the same as sending out an explorer looking for a good adventure and he instead returns with map fragments. That is the way TSO are.

Expedition islands is a big part of the game, and this seems to happen whenever something new is introduced - the nay-sayers are always fast on forum.

Epic Woodyard was rubbish.
    Granite pit was rubbish.
    Master of Defence was rubbish.
    Exp. Islands was rubbish.

All of the above are great features - if used/played the right way. That is what strategy players do. ;-)

Why be so fast on rejecting new stuff, before you have tried it out or done the math?

I might be misslead - but from where I am sitting, it looks a lot more like fear of a new way of doing battles.
    With all the energy BB is putting in to Expedition islands I am sure we got a great new and lasting feature running - forever.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    When pvp was introduced i was against it like many others. However, once introduced and placed i had a go, got used to it, sorted out what to do and as people say above it is good.

What I am against, and i wouldn't disbelieve others feel the same, is pvp - people against people. This i will not play, and lots of people have said the same thing. However, most people wanted pvp and the way BB has introduced it is quite novel and if you really look at it can be quite good fun - as well as frustrating lol for some of the reasons espoused above.

I have currently stopped doing pvp colonies until i see how BB will implement the new ranking system.

When achievements were introduced BB ignored achievements reached up to the date of implementation and I lost out a lot.

So my plea is to introduce the ranking system to included what has been achieved todate.

For those of you who have not tried it - do so ! It is at times fun.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    No Pvp News popups.

Think that's all of it.
    Wau that would be so great - I would love to have removed anything that has to do with expeditions from achievements, quests star.....

I was not playing this game before this stuff was introduced and I still hate it. So something is very wrong with this part of the game, or the way they introduce new players to it. Cant imagine that I want to spent any time on that, just want to get rid of it.

Please watch the language when posting on the forums
    Last edited by MOD_Daz; 01.06.15 at 19:35.

Reply to Thread