Reply to Thread

Thread: Nature's Gift not working

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove

Nature's Gift not working

Hi,

My Jolly Geologist isn't refilling any deposits. In the thread, below, I detail my Jolly's skill tree and the question and reply I've had with support. Please read the thread and append your experience. It would be good to know if there's a general bug or if it's just me.

Here's the skill tree for my Jolly Geologist

As you can see I have given him the Nature's Gift skill. This is described as : "Gives a 10% chance of refilling a currently mined deposit."

I have sent out my geologist to find copper deposits innumerable times but he has never found anything. Here's the mail I sent to support

Could you explain to me how Nature's Gift is supposed to work?

The description of the effect in the Geologist skill tree is: Gives a 10% chance of
    refilling an already mined deposit.

I've sent my geologist out about 50 times since giving him this skill and the
    only thing that happens is that I get the 'Your geologist did not find a new
    Copper ore deposit, because you already have too many deposits of this type'
    message.

I have the following questions:

1) Can the geologist refill an existing copper mine when there are already 6
    running or does the refill only work as a side-effect of finding a new
    deposit?

2) Is there an acknowledgement when the geologist refills a deposit?

3) If the geologist refills a deposit, does he refill it to the starting
    amount?

4) If the geologist refills to the starting amount, is this the original
    starting amount of the deposit, or the modified amount due to the geologist
    having other skills?

Thanks,
    Teddd

Obviously, I can't quote support's reply (see below) but the gist of it was that:

a) The geologist should refill 10% of the time
    b) When a refill happens, the player should receive a notificaiton
    c) Any refill takes into account other skills the geologist has.

It appears my geologist is not behaving correctly, or I'm amazingly unlucky.

Since receiving this reply, I have continued to send out my geologist sporadically and I have yet to refill a deposit.

Occasionally, he does return a copper mining surplus in the mail but never a refilled deposit.

Has anyone got a Jolly Geologist that performs to the specification given by support (above) ?

Has anyone got a Jolly Geologist that performs like mine?

Has anyone got a Jolly Geologist that does something else?

Thanks,
    Teddd

Hi Teddd,

It is not allowed to copy paste your exchange with Support, as stated in the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by BB_Dantesama View Post

Exchange with Support/Mod/Admin in private

Any discussion or exchange with a Support agent, moderator or admin is considered private. It is forbidden to copy/paste your exchange on the forum or on the chat.
    Cheers,
    Fexno
    Last edited by Teddd; 01.11.13 at 12:18. Reason: Support quote removed, information re-entered in a non-quoted form.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Sorry about that.

World
    Newfoundland
    at test server after there was an update described something like natures gift improved i managed to sometimes get a refill on a gold mine. seemed to work only if there was a undiscovered gold deposit and it filled about 100 units. cant be certain though only happened 2-3 times out of about 50 searches
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Thread's a bit aged, but I got Nature's Gift yesterday, Jollygist was on roughly 20 searches since, Natures Gift never did nothing so far.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    Nature's gift is by far the worst of the level 50 choices u could have picked from the tree. As reported a while ago by those who purchased it this skill hardly ever fills a deposit! Most level 50's I know went for the 8% bigger deposits.

Reply to Thread