Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: New Health Bar Feedback

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by halv12 View Post
    One difference from old bar is that new one is visible if camp will be defeated.
    A blocked camp will show if outcome is win or loose ( if leader is not defeated in time ). On tight blocks where outcome depend on blocked camp being defeated or not you will be able to see if it will hold or not.
    And new bar has come because players wanted to know how many HP camps had
    And new bar shows exactly the same as old bar - just more visible, also where old bar could be difficult to see

Bar shows HP of CAMP - not of bandits in camp. Will stay at 250 ( or more for some camps ) untill all bandits are killed.
    I disagree. The old bar indicated that fight was coming to an end and you could follow how close your blocks were.

New bar is different and I think only shows final attack round, at least much shorter time than the previous. I don't know what it is, because BB does not tell anybody.

So the change is to the worse and mostly because BB made the change, BB has no idea what they have done and also BB refuses to let anybody else to know what the new feature is. So if you don't have a clue what you are doing, change it back.

This thread is not about showing enemy troops before attacking but I like the new way where those random pop ups don't block your playing and enemies are shown after the attack. You can check the enemies before sending the attacks.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    With the overall response clearly in the negative.. I really just want to know will anything be done to reverse it. Or do the players wishes just fall on deaf ears.

This is the new health bar and that's the end of it. If you don't like it well tough luck it is then, we know you didnt want it but truthfully we didnt even think of the end users experience. We made it big shiny and awesome what is not to love ?

It is too LARGE, blocks the view, remove it or give us the ability to disable it..

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Still waiting for BB to explain the need for the change....anyone out there actually listening from the company?

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Not showing the troops when sending attacks is great! Finally no more of this distracting clutter on screen. This is the great thing about this update. The bar is useless.

Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post
    Why don't I like it? It serves no function that the old rainbow did not provide, in fact less. It is totally out of keeping with the other adventure features and it's size alone blocks off other camps where I want to be able to send multiple attacks - not blocks, because of course BB don't support blocks despite them suggesting them in the guide to PvP. This stops me being able to kill camps in rapid succession and so hinders my game play. When I play on my phone whilst taking my sons to sports coaching I am now unable to do any adventures because the bar now occupies a disproportionate amount of the screen., meaning I am now able to play less.
    the bar is supposed to be click through so it shouldnt affect your play?
    Worst. Comedian. EVER.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by SSSecretSquirrel View Post
    Not showing the troops when sending attacks is great! Finally no more of this distracting clutter on screen. This is the great thing about this update. The bar is useless.

the bar is supposed to be click through so it shouldnt affect your play?
    I actually liked being able to see the troops I was sending to as I can sometimes have 4/5/6 camps being attacked at the same time as I roll forward rapidly. Seeing what I am attacking saves me messing up my camp sequence. Also, once an attack is happening on camp 1 up pops it's green bar, same for 2nd etc, soon I am totally unable to see the next camp/s so have to wait for camps to die before sending the next attack, and that is on a laptop. Imagine the mess on an android device using puffin.....And that is before you consider say the central block on DB, the last block on BN and many others where you are either sending multiple blockers or where the blocking camp and leader are close together.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan1 View Post
    Still waiting for BB to explain the need for the change....anyone out there actually listening from the company?
    If we knew why the change was made, then perhaps me might be able to give more useful feedback and possibly even make some constructive suggestions as to how that aim could sill be achieved without causing issues to so many players.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodWoof View Post

It is too LARGE, blocks the view, remove it or give us the ability to disable it..
    that

World
    Northisle

Who ants to play "find the leader camp"? Yes, the one right there hidden under the health bar on the top block camp, yes the camp that isn't close to falling but where the new unwanted health bar popped up at random.

BB stop ruining the game. Start fixing bugs. Stop introducing new useless features that nobody wants and that don't even work as intended.
    Attached Images
    t00t t00t
    This signature has been censored.

World
    Northisle

This is sector 3 on vlt the furious boar block. Top is leader camp, bottom is block camp.

Here is an old example of a tight block. The rainbow bar counted down 10s (fast gen) or 20s (slow gen). [With skills this might have been shorter].

This was important, useful functionality. Even though the block camp typically started to fall/rainbow before the leader it took twice as long to fall (slow gen) as the leader.

Seeing this countdown on a camp allowed players to make important decisons like

- Do I nuke (roa, assassin, catapult) any of the involved camps to save troops?
    - Do I cancel the entire adventure to save troops? (here all combat is quickly cancelled, you get xp but no loot and more importantly your troops survive, none of the battles finish)

The new health bar doesn't work.
    - It is 250 for almost all camps (http://www.dsosim.de/sim.php has a list of camps and health, see "camp type" dropdown)
    - It pops up at random
    - It doesn't pop up at the right time
    - When it is falling it does not give useful info
    - It hides other camps
    - It hides the troops in the camp

More importantly: Nobody asked for it, there is a huge list of very bad bugs and BB wasted dev time making it when they could have done anything else and been more useful.
    t00t t00t
    This signature has been censored.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    The new health bars stand out too much and detract from the actual graphics of the adventure.

Half their thickness and perhaps a little less fluorescent green would be a huge improvement!

Reply to Thread