Reply to Thread

Thread: Mine depleted, dig deeper.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle

Post Mine depleted, dig deeper.

I was wondering why i still need to build another mine when it is depleted, after building it at least 30 times on the same spot, it does not make any sense.

Would it not be more logical to make it possible to dig deeper, for the same amount of materials. Make a notification of mine depleted (not destroy building), so geologists can search deeper into the mine (notification of mine ready to build deeper after finding resources), and for the amount of wood and stone/marble you can now build your mine deeper, with the amount of resources for that location. Only the level upgrade, that will give loads more items available at shorter time, so maybe that level can be reset after the resources are gone (room to expand) (rather keep the level )

--
    Besides that, the pictures of the pinewood sawmill and hardwood sawmill both are exotic wood. Needs a change!! Or make people happy with the possibility of making exotic wood from pine wood or hard wood
    --

I am interested what people think about this, so please leave a message

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Fully agree. It gets quite annoying after some time to delete and rebuild and indeed. Waste of efforts and resources when the location is the same everytime.
    Also not representing real life. That will be a new location or indeed digging deeper.

And, I think there's another disadvantage of the geolist going back to the same location each time. On the one hand you can center your economy around it, but sometimes the geologist finds a mine location at an unreachable spot, e.g. in a mountainvalley (see left side of the map). Impossible to put storage buildings close to it. Such locations are instantly useless, which is a pitty since you have only a limited number of spots per resource kind.
    Last edited by MrBranch; 20.05.13 at 10:18.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    Never gonna happen since mine refills are probably an excellent source of income for BB, and the only reason to use a refill is if you have a high level mine that you don't want to deplete.

Or, for free players, refills make a nice reward for doing adventures since they're so useful and, along with granite and XP, are one of the few reasons to bother doing adventures at all. So reducing their intrinsic value would be a bad idea since it would make the whole game less appealing.

Ultimately, building and upgrading mines becomes a choice and a balancing game, and your suggestion just removes choice and turns the game even more into an interactive screensaver. Maybe you want that, but I'd like there to be more strategy in this game, not less than the small amount there already is.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    am i being really dumb? my marble mine has been depleated and my geologist has found another but i cant see the marble mine build option in my build menu

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    yes, you're being dumb...

Marble mines aren't like copper mines.

You've already built a marble mason, and it doesn't get depleted, but it's still in your build menu should you wish to build another.

Reply to Thread