Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Has BlueByte fully lost their mind?

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland

Has BlueByte fully lost their mind?

I couldn't find any topic yet on the building-upgrades.

In the first half of this year, barracks and provisionshouse could be upgraded without any restrictions.
    Players like fishslice and Acee still believed it was still the same. However some people were severely
    hampered when this was suddenly altered without any announcement from BB.

If you decide to upgrade your barracks to level 5, you will be in for a nasty surprise.
    You cannot recruit any unit for a full week!

Same for upgrading the provisionshouse to level 5.
    Does BlueByte seriously believe we are pleased with the fact that we can't make
    any settler or basket for a full week. Who will feed the fish and hunters in that week?

Several people proclaimed: Bluebyte makes a serious effort to make the game fully unplayable.
    So i seriously recommend:

Keep barracks and provisionhouse operational during upgrades.

Fairly strange to change the rules of the games so drastically, hope that BlueByte takes up on this complaint quickly.

World
    Newfoundland
    You were not supposed to be able to use any production building whilst being upgraded, that includes barracks and provisions house.
    BlueByte have fixed a bug that people have been exploiting.
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    lol Grow again, control you temper dude. This is only a game.

I Think the hole idea about not being able to produce while upgrading, is a good thing. You must plan you way out, or wait with lvl5 buildings untill you have enough resources.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierarzt View Post
    You were not supposed to be able to use any production building whilst being upgraded, that includes barracks and provisions house.
    BlueByte have fixed a bug that people have been exploiting.
    That so-called bug persisted over 5 months in the newfoundland realm.
    So why would you call it a bug?
    It only seemed fair, that barracks and provisonhouse were excluded.

12 months Bluebyte didn't do anything about it. (German server)
    Suddenly they change it unannounced. I'd rather call it bug, that it had been changed.
    If something changes unannounced, it happens unexpectedly. Furthermore i heard, that people who were upgrading their buildings
    in that week, got some compensations from BB.
    Last edited by Grow; 27.05.12 at 09:19.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackeye View Post
    lol Grow again, control you temper dude. This is only a game.

I Think the hole idea about not being able to produce while upgrading, is a good thing. You must plan you way out, or wait with lvl5 buildings untill you have enough resources.
    uhm..
    How could you ever produce 700 baskets in advance, and get enough musk and fishfood in the deposits for a week to last??
    How about the 700 breadbaken settlers/day?

No, it's really undoable.
    So after obtaining 9k ewp and 5k granite, all you can do is sleep your town for a week and wait for a building to be upgraded.
    Last edited by Grow; 27.05.12 at 09:17.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    Great. Glad I know this in advance, was planning to upgrade my provision house soon, so i will have to plan it more carefully. I think the best way to sort this out is to do both buildings at the same day (when they need to go to L5) have empty stock, got an adventure finished that took all of my recruits and just log in again after a weak or so

World
    Newfoundland
    Furthermore i heard, that people who were upgrading their buildings
    in that week, got some compensations from BB.
    I heard the moon was made of cheese.
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland

Angry Very Mad

very very mad
    Last edited by NelumboWhite; 27.05.12 at 22:20.

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    Ive got to agree with Grow on this one and very strongly - its been widely publicised in game chat and the help channel (probably the forum as well), that the Provisions House and Barracks are the only 2 buildings that remain usable when upgrading. I'm lucky, both of mine are Level 5 already but I assumed this was a feature and not a bug.

If BB are going to make such drastic changes to the way the game play operates then the least they should do is to operate a more appropriate change and release process. I.E.
    • Publish a description of known bugs / defects
    • Publish a release cycle that advises when known bugs / defects are expected to be fixed
    • Publish a change log advising what has been fixed
    • Put fixing known bugs / defects as a priority over new functionality

Otherwise how are we expected to know what is a bug / defect.

And don't go telling me its still a Beta. The way BB has added new functionality over the last 6 months suggests it could retain its Beta status for another 12 months easily. Its either stable enough to charge for or its not and as BB have been charging for service items (gems) on the Newfoundland Realm for 6 months now, as well as the same code deployed on the American / German servers (albeit with localisation) for considerably longer, I consider this to be a mature game and the TSO Test server to be the beta staging environment where new release functionality is fully assessed prior to deployment.

Oh and for those that say 'plan for the week long upgrade', I would be interested in knowing how many players have the ability to produce enough troops etc to last a week. This game encourages community spirit etc. As a Level 47 player I have 2 buff buddies and between them they receive 120 baskets a day from me and me from them. That's 840 baskets I would have to forward plan for the week on top of the 120 a day. I'm sure my twice daily buff buddies would be well happy when I tell them I cant continue with the buffs as BB is taking my ability to produce buffs offline for a week. Maybe we can arrange to upgrade at the same time - all 3 of us. Hell we could even go on holiday together!!

Ok, I'm lucky this doesn't affect me as I'm already Level 5 on both you say - Wrong it affects everyone including me. I will be impacted by the change when my buddies cant help me or buff me or go on adventures with me as they have no troops. This will hurt everyone.

Regards,

fishslice

Lastly - has anyone been able to confirm if this 'feature' was deployed in TSOTesting before Newfoundland or was it fully zero notice?

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Grow View Post
    uhm..
    How could you ever produce 700 baskets in advance, and get enough musk and fishfood in the deposits for a week to last??
    How about the 700 breadbaken settlers/day?

No, it's really undoable.
    So after obtaining 9k ewp and 5k granite, all you can do is sleep your town for a week and wait for a building to be upgraded.

Doable. It's called 'planning'. And you don't need to make 700 bread settlers a day. You WANT to - that's different.
    Last edited by Cully; 27.05.12 at 23:38.

Reply to Thread