Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Have events on hold for awhile

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    I can understand why people ask BB to stop implementing more events and new stuff, because as we all have seen, nothing get fixed and more bugs appear.

I guess Qualan is right in thinking that the bugs might have nothing to do with event - besides the timing of maint.

A logic person might ask a few questions on this background.
    Why do they launch it all in one go?
    Why do they not fix the bugs reported on test before launching?
    And all in all - Why do they not fix the bugs.
    And even more important. - Why don't they get the game to work- they have been at it for more than 4 years now.

So maybe it would be a better solution instead of cancelling the events to "fire the Intern who have been playing around here once a week since last summer.
    "Hire someone who knows what they are doing." No one who knows what they are doing can be this slow and this incompetent's. No one who wants to keep their customers keep telling them lies and half truth and treat them as if they was total imbeciles, who cant see through all the lame excuses.

(this might lead to an increased income from the sale of gems, when the players start to find the game worth paying for again)
    Last edited by Urd123; 24.01.22 at 17:18.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    If the Valentine event is going to be like the ones from previous years, dependent on co-op adventures, I really hope it will be cancelled or postponed until the game is working better. It's hard enough doing single-player adventures these days - I've pretty much given up on adventuring until it's fixed. Trying to do co-op adventures to keep the flower patches filled sounds like a nightmare to me. Frankly, if the event goes ahead and the game continues as bad as it is, it will likely be the first event I've ever skipped. Because I can't imagine putting myself through that.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    TR is the only way to go in that case- it is 1 attack to send (ghost with 230 elites) and ask someone else to close

Hopefully they will now finally get some grip on the unity problems and make it playable for the ones playing on unity -

From my own experience- it is slower and a lot more frustrating, especially when u need to send multiple attacks and/or have troops returning from an attack and then your new attack all of a sudden switches general (that seems to be a fundamental flaw in their programming on which i have seen no rel feedback that it is on the list to fix either

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hey Settlers.

Back in the time when we implemented the temporary client, some players could not play at all, because the client did not support their OS. We still decided to host the events based on the schedule. At the moment, everyone can access the game and participate in the events, but we still have some technical issues. We do not plan to stop running the events - this allows you to choose whether you want to participate or not.

I understand how important these events are to many of you, and I can only assure you that we are aware of what are the most annoying issues and requests from you and that is what we focus on.
    Last edited by BB_Trafffer; 25.01.22 at 10:48.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    terrible idea!

as soon as an event ends everyone is looking forward to the next 1

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    dont we have the valentines event coming up?

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Trafffer View Post
    Hey Settlers.

Back in the time when we implemented the temporary client, some players could not play at all, because the client did not support their OS. We still decided to host the events based on the schedule. At the moment, everyone can access the game and participate in the events, but we still have some technical issues. We do not plan to stop running the events - this allows you to choose whether you want to participate or not.

I understand how important these events are to many of you, and I can only assure you that we are aware of what are the most annoying issues and requests from you and that is what we focus on.
    This is all well and good, but your not making adjustments to the events to accommodate for those technical issues. I simply can not adventure and put myself through torture and frustration ( when I should be enjoying my free time ) on unity. It is clear those on client are having a much better time, given those that have leapfrogged me on my friends list.
    You can say its my choice whether or not to participate, and your right. But then I am also making the choice to run out of grout, oil and sunflowers and adventure book supplies all from those adventures which I need for progressing my island and level. There is only so long I can just maintain the island with no progress while we wait for you to fix those things that prevent us playing like we use to. There are only a few event gifts we can miss out on before we start to become disadvantaged compared to other players using the client, and we start to ask ourselves `why?'
    The real choice is you either fix the game on Unity to allow us all to adventure equally or you change the events to remove adventures from the key mechanics of the event. I expect you do do neither, I dare you to prove me wrong.
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Trafffer View Post
    Hey Settlers.

We know know that this was also because of the incompetence of BB - Mac players have no problem using client now. So please - just stop the lame excuses.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Would be nice to get an update that dosent align with Events so can see if actually does something to make better. Seems very strange we get updates at times of events that say xyz fixed, but nothing seems fixed but then excuse is cant do anything we started an event.

Yes I agree I can login now, but logging in and being able to actually play are 2 very different things. Wait for Island to load, zone refresh, zone refresh, give up log off

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    We know know that this was also because of the incompetence of BB - Mac players have no problem using client now. So please - just stop the lame excuses.
    And Unity is still locking out players' logins following dodgy maintenances and/or corrupting the flags that enable it to tie the player with the server database, so BB reply is wrong on 2 counts.

Inclined to agree with OP and later posts, adventures are virtually impossible so any event requiring those is a non-starter for me.
    Same with any quests requiring you to buff friends, up to an hour to load their island and often crashing with "Out of Memory" and "Script Errors", assuming it hadn't already frozen the game after a storm of zone refreshes.
    Even the Xmas Event was turned into a painful and sleepless grind, with it taking up to 3 hours per server just trying to send explorers and collect loot with the game interface fighting you all the way.
    Last edited by MuffinMule; 27.01.22 at 05:51.

Reply to Thread