Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: [Guide] Beginner's guide to TSO

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    do you have to run the mines out each time and builxd new ones on top of new seams or is there a way of keeping exsiting mines filled up to save building new ones each time

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Thank you everyone who has taken the time to put this guide together, and to help answer newbie questions! Overall this guide is awesome and provides some great tools and tips for new folks - - but unfortunately, not many of us do our homework before jumping in.

Q1: What is the working radius of each structure?

For Example:

Using a 7x7 grid area, if I place a pine cutter at the center of this area, how far will the pine cutter travel to cut wood? I've discovered so far there is no limit to the distance the workyards will go to the storage facility.

I think it would be helpful for new players especially if there was a highlighted area around each structure as you're beginning your build so you can best plan your workyards.

Unfortunately, I did not discover these forums until I was level 10 so I was not able to take advantage of all the knowledge stored here for newbies like me so I've made a right mess of my island and want to rip it all up and start from square 1 again.

Q2: Is there a way to tell as you are building a structure or workyard which ones will be store house dependant for productivity?

I'm wondering if I'm missing something as I build different items. As a person brand new to the game, jumping in both feet first, it made sense to me to put the pine cutter near the pine trees. I then placed the forester near the areas being cut based on the assumption the forester would need to be near where I wanted the trees to be replenished. I placed the sawmill near the pine cutter under the assumption the wood wouldn't have to travel far to be cut into planks.

Reading this guide after the fact has made me realize just how inefficient my current island is, and has made me paranoid about placement of new structures so I am continuing on this horrible inefficient slide. My wheat field is directly next to my storage facility and only afterwards am I seeing it is not dependant on the store house at all, but solely on the farm(s) around it.

Q3: Can the island be completely trashed to start over?

I've seen this question asked twice before, but a I haven't seen a definitive answer as yet. I see the developers are working on the ability to move structures around which will be a great help, however, with new folks who, like me, want to jump in with both feet - if there were some kind of early level newbie learning curve to allow a structure to be moved within the first 24 hours of placement, I think it would help create a less frustrated and happier environment.

If my hubby hadn't already used so many resources giving me buffs, I would have deleted my account and started a whole new one just to set up my island a bit more efficiently from the git go.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    hi, how do i capture a sector

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by DwayneHendy View Post
    hi, how do i capture a sector

To capture a sector, first you have to clear if of bandits. Once it's cleared of bandits, you need to build a storehouse in the new sector.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    How long can one wait in answering a trade offer? I mean sometimes it takes hours before a trade is accepted or declined, and meanwhile your resources are deposited...

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJazz View Post
    How long can one wait in answering a trade offer? I mean sometimes it takes hours before a trade is accepted or declined, and meanwhile your resources are deposited...
    8 hours is the maximum.
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Silly question but, I'm accumulating Gold Coins but can't find anything I can do with them?

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    How may stone mason's can work on one deposit?

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie68 View Post
    Silly question but, I'm accumulating Gold Coins but can't find anything I can do with them?
    Building upgrades
    Generals, geologists and explorers (3 of each) from the tavern.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonhyo View Post
    How may stone mason's can work on one deposit?
    As many as you can afford

Reply to Thread