Reply to Thread

Thread: Battle

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland

Battle

i have problem with attack to bandits camp. i send my general with warrior (1+5) on bandits camp (8 bandits). in battle died my 5 warriors and 8 bandits, so all units except my general. I lose this battle. Why? I,ve 1 unit and bandit 0, so battle win me.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    the general doesnt count as a unit, he just leads the army. i think you need at least one normal troop left alive

Seekhunt
    if the bandit camp disappeared then you won yes.
    if it's still there, then yes you need at least 1 normal unit more than your general to be in the "winning" position

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Why my general change target on his own ? I order him attack easy bandit camp, but he attacked bandit leader. Why ?

World
    Newfoundland
    You must be careful when attacking.

When you order an attack, you can see the route your general will take when going to the bandit camp: make sure it does not pass to close to another camp or your general may be attacked by that other camp!

Unfortunately, your generals are a bit slow... They'll carry on with the first attack even if they have lost 99% of their men after being ambushed by another camp. So it's really important that you be careful about the road you send your general on!

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Thanks for reply Azariel, you are right general is slow, but battle itself is a bit... unrealistic. In normal medieval battle first attack belonged always to artillery or archers (long-ranged units). In this game... well both side, archers or close-combat soldiers attack at the same time. Thanks to this lack of tactics we loose to many troops. Training new units is extremely slow, cause we must obtain beer, swords, and other materials, and that is difficult (SLOW). Now I stuck on lv 16, cause I must gather loot of exp from battles. No troops - no battle.

I hope in full version will be some tactics or troops speed. For now... we relay loose to many soldiers .

World
    Newfoundland
    I'm a huge fan of the Total War series and tactics in general... and I agree with you that the battles can be a bit... Tiresome...

Nevertheless, we are on Settlers, and their never has been a real battle side to the series. I know a few players for example, real fans of Settlers, who love the simplicity of the combat system. Moreover, it quickly becomes quite difficult and tactical when you start unlocking some more expensive troops.

I hope the next phases will be more enjoyable for you!

World
    Newfoundland
    I agree that this was kind of tiredsom.. I just was so unlucky to lose an army of 7+1 against 10 Barb. I just wonder why there is a retreat flag in camp, if you cant use it!?

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Maybe add another options to the game?

One being a 'fight to the end', where your troops fight to their end.
    And a 'run when being overrun', where they flee when they are losing.
    These options are available in other games and they work, adding some more dept into the game.

Speak your minds!

- uP

Reply to Thread