Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The tutorial is too slow

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland

The tutorial is too slow

I played the game for 3 days and im still in the toturiol. I should be making my own choices faster then this.

when you are first to attack bandits there should be a toturiol about finding bandits it took me 2 min to figure it out.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Well, it depends on how much you play and how good you are at this game.
    Some people advance faster and can finish the turorial faster.
    But I could actually agree , the tutorial is quite long.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Agreed but the Tutorial (missed an 'a' there), can be useful to some people though.
    They should make it depending on the player whether he/she want's to take it easy or get a good intro into the game.

Making the Tutorial shorter (for some people) will cost u some bonuses you are getting now (quests completion etc.), therefor I think u should leave that decision to the user and make him determine what he wants.
    Slow ; Bonuses <--> Faster but little bonus

- uP

Seekhunt
    And who said anything about time.
    Its not like we need to finish this game right away.

tutorial is long ? well a tutorial is as long as it takes to explain the game.
    If you want to do your own stuff, well there is plenty of that after level 16.
    So dont worry and dont rush, the game is here tomorrow, and no need to do it all today.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Nobody is obligating u to do the Tutorial anyway, if you like to play the game u want to, have a go!
    You'll find a quest completed now and then but nobody is telling u to only do the quests!

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Well you do becuse you need the levels up to level 16. you realy dont have any choice.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    I mean that nothing were holds you from doing/building whatever you like, you don't have to follow the Tutorial, you do it anyway, but in the end you can do the quests in the order u like.

If you mean that u must build those building in the order given by the Tutorial, that's very simple, that order isn't due to the Tutorial, but the development 'ladder', you need building A before you can build building B, e.g. you need to have a woodcutting building (can't remember the names), before you can use the wood-sawing building.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Well yes there is. you dont have the levels so you need to folow the tutorial to get levels. well i think you should come to a higher level quicker and you need more choice faster.

The start is simply to slow it needs to be faster so you get to have more fun sooner! if this game is to have any comercial suksess.

Seekhunt
    I think you totally misunderstand the meaning with the / A tutorial.
    The tutorial is done in a very specific way for the game.
    It teaches you how the game works and so on.

The tutorial start from level 1 (ofcause) and end at level 16
    These levels is very specific "low" levels and is completed faster than the rest from level 16 and up.
    And to get to level 16 you actually need to tutorial no matter what. By completing it, you get special rewards and stuff to further advance "quickly" through the first
    stage of the game.

So actually by NOT doing the tutorial, you are actually slowing your self down in playing the "real" free game. Because then you are doing stuff and using materials
    on something that in the end is wasted. So if you did the tutorial you would get those resources for free and as a bonus advance in the levels as quickly as possible, hence giving you the possibility to play the game as you like.

I hope you understand the meaning of this. This is in no way my intention to say your wrong, but to hopefully make you see why the tutorial is there.

World
    Newfoundland
    It's a browser game though, and most browser games are designed to be a bit slow, that way you can pop in and out of the game whenever you wish, you've played HoMM Kingdoms znork, and compared to that, this one is much faster, in some respects it's not much slower than the original Settlers I & II.
    http://http://img29.imageshack.us/im...3/btogsiga.jpg
    Official Whisky taster and Herald to the Mighty Alderbranch.
    "The clues are out there.....S.N.A.F.U."

Reply to Thread