Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The tutorial is too slow

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    If you would remove the tutorial, you would have the same game, without the bonus resources u get while going to lv. 16.
    You wouldn't be able to build more, etc.

Speeding up would be useless and removing would make it worse, so what would u do about it?

- uP

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Well then make it so that you start producing armys faster so you can start attacking bandits by 24 houers.
    Last edited by znork; 01.12.11 at 16:52.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    That would be illogical.. U need to develop your settlement before getting weapons..
    If u would want to make that go faster the game's speed would be too high imo..

- uP

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    the thing up is that the start is boring. you need to feel that you make the choices. then its ok to wait 3 weeks to get the iron but you can do stuff to make it fast its youre choice

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    U mean a choice between economy and military?
    Because in this game, the second can only exist due to the first, so u need to explain yourself?

We are going slow, but we'll reach a point we understand each other.

- uP

World
    Newfoundland
    Well, in a way you can still do your own choices. The tutorial tells you what you need to build to advance, true ; But it does not limit you to just that building (Aka it does not block you from doing anything else BUT the tutorial. I don't mean license limit/level requirements) and you can still place buildings (Woodcutter for example) when the quest tells you to build a mason.

The tutorial told me to build one woodcutter at the start, I instantly placed down two and so on. You can still make the choice of following the tutorial literally, or do what is asked while in the meanwhile developing the city further.
    Previously known as Psychyn! I restarted and improved.

I'm in your game, carrying your wheat.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychynius View Post
    Well, in a way you can still do your own choices. The tutorial tells you what you need to build to advance, true ; But it does not limit you to just that building (Aka it does not block you from doing anything else BUT the tutorial. I don't mean license limit/level requirements) and you can still place buildings (Woodcutter for example) when the quest tells you to build a mason.

The tutorial told me to build one woodcutter at the start, I instantly placed down two and so on. You can still make the choice of following the tutorial literally, or do what is asked while in the meanwhile developing the city further.
    Yey, u understand meh.

- uP

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by znork View Post
    Well then make it so that you start producing armys faster so you can start attacking bandits by 24 houers.
    Dont rush with bandits, theres a very good chance you'll need 2-3 months before you clear the main island and proceed with more difficult adventures.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUpSide View Post
    U mean a choice between economy and military?
    Because in this game, the second can only exist due to the first, so u need to explain yourself?

We are going slow, but we'll reach a point we understand each other.
    well i understand you but i dont agree and i think you understand me and disagree. That is ok. its a beta i have my opnions and you have yours. Lets hope the devs gets somthing out of this and makes changes we bothe like;D

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    IMo the tutorial is not a tutorial as such, more like a regimented way of doing the first few levels to get an idea how things work- More like how the first few campaigns work in settlers or other such games. The tutorial is just an integral part of the game- not a stand alone app you do for a few hours to teach you how the game works

Reply to Thread