Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello everyone! A Suggestion.

World
    Newfoundland

Talking Hello everyone! A Suggestion.

Hello everyone!

First: Sorry my bad English! I'm learning =)

I would like to give a suggestion to this great browser game being developed by Ubisoft.
    The game is really amazing how far tested, surely in terms of graphics and gameplay is one of the best I've seen comparing the beta games.
    A great start!

I played several games in this style, as Travian, Tribal Wars, Galaxy, among others.

One of the Combat System that I liked most was Tribal Wars, a World Map.
    And I imagine that in Settlers Online. It would be AWESOME if the system map(World Map) and can find all the players on the same map, it was like!

It's the only suggestion I have to give at the moment, I would like to hear from you.

World Map: You could see the kingdom of the other players on a World Map, and coordinates with everything else!
    Clicking the kingdom of another player, you could zoom like images below:

The following example of the game Tribal Wars

http://mmojogos.com.br/images/games/...ribal-wars.jpg
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ioj78_vsHE...s_aldeia03.jpg

I know that the company already has the entire project on paper, but here is my suggestion.
    I would like to hear from you.

Up!
    Last edited by Naki; 27.11.11 at 17:35.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    This will obviously be integrated into the full game I think, considering there will be a lot more player interaction then.
    It's a great, but obvious suggestion.

However, I'm not sure how the developers will handle the idea, or they will make 1 big island where everybody is on, everyone on it's own part, or they will give every player a separate 'island', making it able to conquer other islands or colonize them by boat.
    The second gives another image of the full game imo.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    I use this topic to add few of my suggestions:

1. It will be nice to build whatever we wish on cleared land. We are not stupid, and we know very well than some space is needed for forest. But in this game is something as pine wood forester, thanks to this building we don`t need this much useless space for forest.

2. Roads can be build for now as x but not as +. This should be in later version. Also as building rotation.

World
    Newfoundland
    Hi there,

Thanks for the feedback and suggestion!

BlueByte want to implement PvP (Player versus Player) in 2012 (don't know when though). I'm sure they'll come up with something like ths system map you talked about as well as a player ladder (where you can see who are the best players etc..).

Hope this helps

BB_Azariel

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Can I suggest that a "dependancy" chart is produced so that we can know what to build to get what we want !!

World
    Newfoundland
    Naki, I'm pretty sure a map is in the works and it'll be implemented when the devs see fit that the BETA so far has been successful.

I don't think the battle system is too bad, I quite like it for now. Though in the future it'll probably be updated, or may just be left. Either way, it's quite nice.
    A nice addition would be to have a separate message after your battles that shows you in a static form, how the battle played out.

For example:
    Round 1
    Rx5 v Rx4
    500pwr (-100pwr) 400pwr (-200pwr)

Round 2
    Rx4 v Rx2
    400pwr (NL) 200pwr (-200pwr)

Winner = Player

(NL - No Losses)

Something along those lines anyway. This isn't an accurate example, just something to visually picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Naki View Post
    Hello everyone!

First: Sorry my bad English! I'm learning =)

I would like to give a suggestion to this great browser game being developed by Ubisoft.
    The game is really amazing how far tested, surely in terms of graphics and gameplay is one of the best I've seen comparing the beta games.
    A great start!

I played several games in this style, as Travian, Tribal Wars, Galaxy, among others.

One of the Combat System that I liked most was Tribal Wars, a World Map.
    And I imagine that in Settlers Online. It would be AWESOME if the system map(World Map) and can find all the players on the same map, it was like!

It's the only suggestion I have to give at the moment, I would like to hear from you.

World Map: You could see the kingdom of the other players on a World Map, and coordinates with everything else!
    Clicking the kingdom of another player, you could zoom like images below:

The following example of the game Tribal Wars

http://mmojogos.com.br/images/games/...ribal-wars.jpg
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ioj78_vsHE...s_aldeia03.jpg

I know that the company already has the entire project on paper, but here is my suggestion.
    I would like to hear from you.

Up!
    There is a thread in the forums, Arminius, with a link to a spreadsheet that can tell you how many buildings you'll need per other building (example: 2 foresters per 1 saw mill, etc) as well as the resources you'll produce.

Check this link: Important Links - Calen's post is of the spreadsheet.

Hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Arminius View Post
    Can I suggest that a "dependancy" chart is produced so that we can know what to build to get what we want !!
    Last edited by Rohab; 30.11.11 at 22:36.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    The problem about pvp system implemented is that there are some people that do not enjoy being attacked by others and like just to build a nice city and interact with other players.
    In order to make the pvp hungry players and the others satisfied at the same time i think that the results of the pvp battles should not influence the development of your city (it also takes a lot of time to rebuild armies and buildings).
    Therefore the combatants should not loose any buildings or armies after the pvp, the calculation for the combat should be done only to decide the winner. That way the ones that are not interested in pvp can keep their armies and buildings after a lost battle and continue to expand on his island.

World
    Newfoundland
    More factions are going to be a must have, people will loose interest very quickly indeed if they don't have at least 3 or 4 to pick from, they could bring the Vikings, Myans, and such into it, I have been told they were in other main stream settlers games in the past.
    Have A Good Time All The Time :-)

World
    Newfoundland
    All players in the same map... so more leveled players are in great advantage and if you put penalty for attacking weaker players, then you get overcrowded map full of randomly leveled players and you lose again at interaction...

That's why I have stopped playing Tribal wars and games similar to that...

By my opinion it would be great if we have ROUNDS with maximum 13 players, surplus/minus 3 level difference with several scenarios...

Winner takes all - gets points and gems as reward
    Share victory - players work in teams

etc.

Reply to Thread