Reply to Thread

Thread: Suggestion: One more zoom-in level

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland

Suggestion: One more zoom-in level

Everyone used to love the settlers games and how you could zoom into watch them do their stuff. While playing I always feel like I want to zoom in just that little bit more.

Graphics are fine, just allow one extra zoom-in level, no need to change the graphics or anything.

I play on 1920 x 1200 resolution, so others on smaller resolutions might not notice this as much, assuming it doesn't scale.

World
    Newfoundland
    Hi Flank,

I agree this would be great. Unfortunately, I really don't see this happening for two reasons:
    1. It would mean redrawing and restyling the whole game with one more level of detail: this would take ages for BB to do.
    2. It would make the page MUCH longer to load as the level of detail would be enormous: people would hate having to load that long and it could cause big problems for slower computers.

If you want detail, have you tried the last Anno game? it's a full on PC game and it looks just amazing!

Best,

BB_Azariel

World
    Newfoundland
    Anno 2070 is amazing, Azariel! Glad you like it too.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Azariel View Post
    Hi Flank,
    1. It would mean redrawing and restyling the whole game with one more level of detail: this would take ages for BB to do.
    2. It would make the page MUCH longer to load as the level of detail would be enormous: people would hate having to load that long and it could cause big problems for slower computers.
    BB_Azariel
    This is why I said I think the graphics are fine, and to allow the extra zoom level without adding more detail, you should be able to simply adjust the scale, isn't this what you do when you zoom out?

By scaling you don't need to re-create the assets, and you don't increase loading time etc.

World
    Newfoundland
    Frankly I don't know. I'll add it to the list of modifications I'll ask BB.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Thanks, it's worth checking because depending on how your game is setup, it could be a very quick and easy addition =)

I'd imaging they developed the artwork quality for your current most zoomed-in level, but I believe it's good enough quality to allow another zoom level personally.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    I agree to Flank. I also play the game on 1900x1200 res and also wish to have 1 zoomlevel more. Real zoom, without more detail, would do perfectly fine! Pix twice as big are still very small on my screen!

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    I like this idea if it can be done without to much hassle

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    I often play the game zoomed out so no need for that here.

What I would like though is to be able to track my workers and find where they are at any given time, it could provide much fun and something to do while WAITING zzzzzzzzzz
    It's mine and I'll wash it as fast as I like.

Reply to Thread