Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Suggestion] Buff making

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland

[Suggestion] Buff making

If u make 25 fish platters, then all 25 have to finish before u can use em.

Can't it be that you can use 1 directly when 1 is finished instead? That would be better I think at least.

World
    Newfoundland
    Though that would be helpful, it doesn't make sense. The slider is there for reason of making them in the quantity you want. So if you make 25, you have to wait for them to finish. You can just keep building sets of 1 though. Nothing stopping you from doing that.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    I have to agree with the OP. Why on earth would I want to make them one at a time just so I can use them earlier. I eventually want 25 but I would like to start using the first few to increase production of fish for the remainder for instance.

I would understand Rohabs point of view if and only if I could queue up items to be made. Then I could order 1,1,1,22

I would also like to pre-order making these as well. So I can choose to make 25 fish meals, even if I only have enough now for 10 meals, so that it will keep making them until it exhausts my order.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    i dont think using buffs for fish production would work well

i think you catch less fish from the buff than it takes to make the buff

World
    Newfoundland
    Not sure if they will change the way buff making works but ;

I would also like to pre-order making these as well. So I can choose to make 25 fish meals, even if I only have enough now for 10 meals, so that it will keep making them until it exhausts my order.
    That would be sweet, just like queuing up a building, it would be nice to simply queue up buffs even if we have to wait till all off them are made.

On the topic of buffs ; Fish food.

I'd love it if we could 'unstack' fish food so that not all fish food has to be used on one fishing spot. I've seen many people mention that they did not know beforehand that the fish food stacked. The only way currently to ensure that all fishing spots receive some additional fish is to separate the buff production. It's a small work-around, true. But I'd rather have the ability to simply make 20 fish food and later unstack them into piles of 5 (for example) so that I can add them where they are needed the most.
    Previously known as Psychyn! I restarted and improved.

I'm in your game, carrying your wheat.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Thuggery View Post
    I have to agree with the OP. Why on earth would I want to make them one at a time just so I can use them earlier. I eventually want 25 but I would like to start using the first few to increase production of fish for the remainder for instance.

I would understand Rohabs point of view if and only if I could queue up items to be made. Then I could order 1,1,1,22
    you CAN order them 1,1,1,22. I don't event think there's a queue limit in the buffs tab. You can even mix in planks, stones ecc.
    Queue example: 1 fish platter, 50 hardwood planks, 2 settlers, 5 sandwiches, 3 fish platters, 1 fish platter

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    for fish platters, I normally make them in batches, start with 4 or 5, then batches of 15.
    Fish food (to replenish stocks) I make as individual buffs and just queue them up as Volaxad said
    If you want to change the order, just delete some from the queue and add them to the end

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Volaxad View Post
    you CAN order them 1,1,1,22. I don't event think there's a queue limit in the buffs tab. You can even mix in planks, stones ecc.
    Queue example: 1 fish platter, 50 hardwood planks, 2 settlers, 5 sandwiches, 3 fish platters, 1 fish platter
    Yeah, but that doesn't take away from the original point of the OP. You could make them as you've described before, so 1 fish platter, and then 50 hardwood planks - but as soon as the 1st hardwood plank is finished you should be able to use it before the 49 others are completed. (Yes, I know the example above isn't the best example in this instance!)

As soon as a fish platter is made, you should be able to use it, regardless of how many others you are making

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    sorry but I can't see why. If you order something to be made at a shop, you have to wait for the order to be completed before they deliver it. If you want one immediately just make one

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Ha, ha, the main reason is probably because you can NOT stack them in the Star-menu ^^

Reply to Thread