Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Suggestion] General and your troops

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland

[Suggestion] General and your troops

Hi
    What about that our general should gain some experience = become stronger and have additional influence on our troops. And if he is defeated could loose some experience. ?

Dragdy

World
    Newfoundland
    I too, think this is a nice addition but hey. I've always been a RPG fan and leveling your general with some perks each amount of levels sounds nice to me.

Something like..

Level 1 - 100 xp
    Level 2 - 200 xp
    Level 3 - 350 xp, gain +5% troop strength.
    Level 4 - 600 xp

Level 6 - ... xp, gain +2.5% base resource production

And so on. Just a rough sketch to get the discussion going. Perhaps one of the perks could be a reduced Ko'd time in case the battle goes wrong. Same could be done to bandit leaders, give them some extra flavour?
    Previously known as Psychyn! I restarted and improved.

I'm in your game, carrying your wheat.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    The idea is nice, but I don't like the fact u can get a war 'god' killing 265 guys with 1 hand, if u get the picture.
    I like the big wuss he is now

- uP

World
    Newfoundland
    Got to agree with you Dragdy, it would be nice to have your general grow levels, but at the same time, I don't see much use for it. You can own X amount of generals depending on how much gold you have, and they can have 200 troops each.

If generals were to gain levels, I think it would be fair to have their army size increase rather than the damage they can do to bandits.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragdy View Post
    Hi
    What about that our general should gain some experience = become stronger and have additional influence on our troops. And if he is defeated could loose some experience. ?

Dragdy

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Rohab View Post
    If generals were to gain levels, I think it would be fair to have their army size increase rather than the damage they can do to bandits.
    If you look at it that way it would be kinda cool ya.
    Maybe they can gain in rank as well (General, "" first class, " second ",...) so you get some kind of hierarchy.

- uP

World
    Newfoundland
    I don't think one general should be capable of killing an entire army, true. Generals should be dependant on their armies, and while they can do damage, the 5% overall bonus damage was aimed at the entire army. For example, 100 recruits would do the damage of 105 and so on. It's a minimum bonus at early levels, and I think that 20% extra damage should be the highest achievable. (100 recruits dealing damage as 120).

Perhaps simply a feat that makes your army take 10% less losses? Right now we are sending them in as cannon fodder.

I don't think adding numbers to the general is a bad idea, but just not very useful. Say your general levels up, now supports 300 troops (for example).. What bandit camp will you fight that requires 300 troops? They'd need to make bigger bandit camps, or stronger ones or something like that.

As for the hierarchy, is it really needed? I think it'll just make things more confusing despite looking neat. If they plan some kind of hierarchy in-game, we definitely need a combat overhaul first. ^^ Maybe a simple option to "name" the general into anything you want? Then you can always give them ranks yourselves without complicating the system too much.
    Previously known as Psychyn! I restarted and improved.

I'm in your game, carrying your wheat.

World
    Newfoundland
    Whatever you propose here would have way too big of an impact on existing servers to ever be implemented.

Extra troop strength would apply to not only recruits, but would have to affect crossbows and cannons aswell, forcing huge shift in army balance and making plenty of missions (that are already quite easy to do) grindable for barely any cost. Same goes for extra general capacity, 250 or 300 units would allow to kill almost every single camp in every single mission on one attack, and with access to crossbows and cannons - with barely any losses. Not to mention extra space for cannon fodder which would allow players to win fights without losing ANY expensive units.

The only thing I could think of that could currently be improved is travel time and recovery time (already mentioned), but then again, way too much work compared to the gain.
    Last edited by sparkz; 04.12.11 at 11:52.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    A morale bonus would be the max a general can change to an army imo.

World
    Newfoundland
    Also Offensive, Balanced or Defensive type of the General determine feats he can use as an effect of entire army under his command.

World
    Newfoundland
    Good idea, i suggested that in a previous post, i hope it sticks

Reply to Thread