Reply to Thread

Thread: [Suggestion]

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland

[Suggestion]

* one of the most f.a.q. in the chat is „Where can I find the fish platter”; the quest that gives it, should indicate the „buffs” tab / „fish platter” with a set of green arrows ;

* the quest "Weapons" has the req : -produce one bronze sword ; it sould also contain a „Build a bronze weaponsmith” because I think that for some players is a litlle bit to early to skip steps;

*it has already been said but I want to enforce it: mini-map (the lower right part of the screen seems perfect). It could be dynamic, showing only the eges of the scouted regions, lowering the scale each time a new region is scouted

*every 2nd+ tier producing building should have a small stock (eg. 2) where the inferior tier building can put items; for example: a woodcutter will put the log directly in the nearest sawmill/coking plant, and only if it’s not available(full) will go to the storehouse (unless if, obviously, the storehouse is closer). This will certainly speed up the pace a little bit and it will give even more depth to the building placement (just like in the original settlers series)

*individual worker AI: eg. if I queue 2 buildings one near the other, the worker that fishes the first building should go directly to the second building;

*a new menu/window, accessible by a button on the lower toolbar (or by clicking the small house on the upper toolbar) that gives a building inventory: eg. 5 pine woodcutters, 10 sawmills ecc.
    -a subdivision by regions would also be nice (with a square, subdivided in 3*3 smaller squares, that supports multiple selections) ;
    -by clicking one building type it should highlight all the buildings of that type(just like when you add buffs/resources);
    -the buildings without materials or the collapsed mines can have a red edge/exclamation mark/whatever, and clicking it will cycle through the buildings with problems;
    -you should invent a new mark for buildings that are under 5-10% of the base quantity: mines, wheatfields, wells, fishermans, ecc.;

* chooseable priority; multiple priorities(3-5) would be ideal, but even a default/high should suffice; for example: a high priority on my bowmaker will force all the workers to assure that my bowmaker will never run out of logs, even if my coking plants are without logs - this can be done by individual building, that way, between two bowmakers, I will be able to prioritise the one closer to the storehouse (or, as another post suggested, between two mines);

*this I probably the bandwidth killer but will certainly increase the gameplay: different speed for settlers/generals, tile type dependent, and roads MUST influence the gameplay:
    -dust road: a tile becomes dust when, for ex., is passed 30 times/hour; doesn’t interfere with building placement; +10% speed
    -stone road: the nowadays road with the difference that it costs 1 stone/tile and it gives 20% bonus; only the geologist can destroy it (10 seconds/tile); no materials recovered
    -marble/granite: same as above but with 35/50% bonuses. only the geologist can destroy it (20/30 seconds/tile); no materials recovered
    Last edited by Volaxad; 04.12.11 at 11:52.

World
    Newfoundland
    Yes, types pf roads should determine settles speed, but please dude can you rename this tread from title Suggestion to title Roads speed or something... :lol

World
    Newfoundland
    Good idea, i thought about this since the first time i played. You should rename it to Roads suggestion or something.

Reply to Thread