Reply to Thread

Thread: what is the best building to upgrade

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland

Lightbulb what is the best building to upgrade

Being fairly new to level 18, hardwood and marble are still in short supply. What do others think are the best priorities for upgrading?
    During the tutorial I choose to upgrade my weaponsmith with the free resoucres, which I think worked quite well but would be grateful for other's input.

Also what buildings are best to demolish to free up licenses, I've sot several stopped as I have enough goods ATM but not sure whether I need more as I progress further. for example, do I need as much copper in higher levels?
    Last edited by Jools; 05.12.11 at 05:01.

World
    Newfoundland
    Copper goes towards coke plants which gets turned into bronze which then gets turned into bronze weapons. The next tier you get uses Iron, so if you plan on getting this tier from now on you can pause your copper. Coal will be in use a fair amount to continue with, so keep them producing. You could put some, or all, smelters on pause though.

If you haven't done so already, send your geologist(s) to search for marble and iron mines. Then when you have them all found, start building.
    You could also probably delete most of your fir wood foresters and fir wood cutters to make space for more hardwood.
    Don't delete them all, just some, so you're at least getting a nice income of planks and stone. At around level 21 your main focus will be on resources such as marble, hardwood and iron, so you'll be able to get rid of most of your fir wood, stone and bronze production by then (keep at least 1 of each going though).

Also, check out the production calculator. This helps a lot;
    Important links

Hope that helps.

World
    Newfoundland
    Before you can make large amounts of gold coins it is probably a good idea to upgrade your provision house, fir wood sawmills and stone masons. This way you will have a pretty good production of level 2 building resources, allowing you to upgrade your entire village up to level 3 without spending a dime. It is faster than having a number of unupgraded hardwood sawmills and marble masons and cheaper than having upgraded ones (easily a thousand of gold saved).

Iron and steel swords production is very cost inneficient at this time of the game plus militia and soldiers arent really necessary except for 1 or 2 fights on the main island, so you can skip the production if you are sure you will be able to buy those 1000 or so swords (which im almost sure you will).

Also as a hint for the future, the fact that you can build a building at level X doesnt mean you necessary have to, you need to look closely what type of production you will be able to handle and what will be efficient enough to pay for the commitment. E.g stretching your resource production to afford a goldmine and a gold smelter at level 25 most certainly isnt.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    thanks for the info, I've got 5 copper smelters so can probably get rid of a couple and slow the others down a bit. Not high enough level iron ore yet. Only have one marble quarry, and the geo can't find any more. Is there more in the central region that I haven't quite captured yet? (1 more bandit camp then the leader) had a look at the resource map but hard tell the difference between stone and marble
    Edit: Think the map must be slightly wrong as it doesn't show the marble in bottom left corner
    Last edited by Jools; 05.12.11 at 12:19.

World
    Newfoundland
    2 marble deposits in the middle, 5 in the middle north sector, 2 last ones in the bottom right.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkz View Post
    2 marble deposits in the middle, 5 in the middle north sector, 2 last ones in the bottom right.
    Thanks, hopefully I can get the middle ones before my existing one runs out

Reply to Thread