Reply to Thread

Thread: iron sowrds

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland

iron sowrds

it dosent real make any sense making iron swords. becuse you use 20 time more cola for 1 iron sword then 1 bronze sword. You also have insanly expensive mines and prodciton units. need 4 iron mines for 2 smelters make 1 sword production withe amount of resorucses that takes.

When the unit is only 50% bether it dosent make sense. hade it been 100% bether it might be wourthe it. And well before you reache the 200 limit in armies you can produce the next level.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Yes I agree that the requirements for building iron swords seems far too high....

Also the bowmen - 8 logs for one bow - but because the bowmen never seem to die I've turned off my bowmaker now.... I think that the iron swords should take less resources too and be quicker to make considering these seem to be the only units that ever need replacing.....

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by znork View Post
    When the unit is only 50% bether it dosent make sense. hade it been 100% bether it might be wourthe it. And well before you reache the 200 limit in armies you can produce the next level.
    It does make sense, it is essentially an equivalent of bowmen that doesnt get eaten alive by guard dogs (since 60hps).

Use militia the way you wont be losing any of it, NOT as a replacement for recruits, you shouldnt have a problem with production time. Also, 10 levels from now you will be able to produce/ buy more iron swords than youll need.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    I dont care about 10 lvls from 21, I care about resources and how to build an army now; today! I cant imagine building the structures to make iron swords, maybe I'm slow or brain dead, but I think using the iron and making bars and then steel swords would be a better long range plan; but not until 6 or 7 or maybe even 10 more lvls for me at 21. It's not like I have the neceaasry lics and gold for all these. At lvl 21 I'm ignoring the iron and the mining of it; when I discover coal I may do that cause I can always use more coal.

Reply to Thread