Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The Silo and how it works

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Acee View Post
    Silos are good as they are now. You have to find out how to use them. Check attachment for sample usage for silos. In that setup both field never deplete. Screen from test server.
    Im sorry but that is just stupid and crazy expensive. 14 silos x 750 gems = 10500 = 50euro .......
    10500 / 650 = 16 (and som extra) = 160 licenses = better .... waaaaay better. Now I know there is a limit to building licenses but still

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    To be honest, the prices on buildings in this game is way to high, and does not justify the price. As Todilo have showen above. And im a happy gem buyer, but still havent bought a single silo nor do i plan to. The amount needed for it to really be worth it is crazy.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    thats the truth about the gem buildings, they dont offer an advantage to outlast the non gemming players. That has always been the concept to keep things balanced ebtween gemming players and non gemming players

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Energyman View Post
    Its like in real life, rich guys prevails just because they have enough bravery and wisdom to invest in something...
    Actually, the "rich" guys in real life that invests in something without properly researching it, like you haven't, end up with nothing in the end.
    You didn't know what a Silo did before you bought it, you now bought two, and you still don't know what they do.

Let me sum up buildings like Silos and what they do.. They appeal to lazy people, not the people that want to be best, those people would probably be out looking for advantages.. Like buying building licenses, or buildings that didn't take up any licenses..

Anyways, I'm not posting just to argue about someones backward sense of entitlement for not reading the label before buying the shiny candy, and I apologize if he ends up feeling targeted, I'm writing because of the non-existent explanations on or for the gem items..
    It should be explained better what certain buildings/Items do. I could imagine a lot of people end up NOT buying gems because the explanations are non existent.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    I also bought 1 silo and feel ripped off. In the buildings reference at http://settlersonlineeconomy.com/buildings/ it says that it produces 1 field. So I supposed it was 1 wheat field of at least 100 wheats. Now that I know it only produces 1 wheat instead of a field, I would NEVER have bought it. Not at that price.
    Last edited by SnipperBE; 05.05.12 at 08:11.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    SnipperBE, don't blame that site. It says that other buildings use op Coal, or Ore with the appropriate number in brackets (). The Silo refills Wheat (1). Or did you think a Horsemaker uses (4) wells for 1 horse?

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by RubendePuben View Post
    SnipperBE, don't blame that site.
    I don't blame that site. I'm just saying that the Silo is way too expensive for what it does. I was better of buying 10 building licenses.
    Last edited by SnipperBE; 05.05.12 at 15:25.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    I have 19 fields and 5 farms (level 2), and now the silo from the retail pack. The silo seems to do nothing. If I do not renew the fields (Intermediate buildings 20 pinewood planks + 5 stone) they ALL become exhausted. Is this as it should be or am I doing something wrong?

Architect of the Empire Sinister-King's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Athulf View Post
    I have 19 fields and 5 farms (level 2), and now the silo from the retail pack. The silo seems to do nothing. If I do not renew the fields (Intermediate buildings 20 pinewood planks + 5 stone) they ALL become exhausted. Is this as it should be or am I doing something wrong?
    You need 5 silos at level 2 to maintain a steady flow of wheat. Any less and your fields will deplete, simply because your 5 farms consume wheat quicker than 1 silo can refill.

For every level 1 farm, you need a level 1 silo to keep a steady flow (travel time from the silo to the storehouse must also be quick or same as farm).
    Last edited by Sinister-King; 23.05.12 at 19:10.

Quartermaster
    World
    Northisle
    For the silo to be worth the effort, it should completely refill the lowest wheat field every hour.
    Don't bother with silo's like they are now.
    Simply put in a couple of extra simple wheat fields and replace after depletion.

Reply to Thread