Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The Silo and how it works

World
    Newfoundland
    1 wheat in every 12 minutes... sorry guys this is not right... I got 2 SILO lvl 3 and 18 wheat fields around it... like I don't have any SILO... how do you think to motivate people like this to spend money on your GEMS??? Plus, for every SILO 1 building license required and 1 space on the map!!!

Ok, don't answer you got your hard GM altitude and players opinion or suggestions are worthless... only cosmetic allowed... so lamme...
    Just be yourself... Your soul is the God... Find the way to your true reality... Help others to help yourself... We all are One!

World
    Newfoundland
    I'd be curious to see a "hard GM altitude"... Tell me, what does it look like?

To answer your question (that you so politely asked), the silo does not, and will never produce the amount of seed you would like it to.

The reason for this is VERY simple: if we made the silo better, it would increase the void between paying players and non-paying players. BlueByte's main rule when implementing new content is to make the gameplay experience as similar as possible for all players, that new players don't feel left behind because they don't buy gems.
    So you might not be happy with the way things are, but if we increased the Silo output, many more players (non-paying players) would complaining as well of how "over-powered" paying users are.

Nevertheless, getting the right balance between paying and non-paying is really difficult, so if you have constructive criticism and interesting points to make, I would be delighted to talk about them with you.

I hope this is sufficient enough an explanation for you.
    I am no longer the Community Manager for this version of TSO. Please send any question to BB_Ravel.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Where do I find the "silo"?, I can't find it in "buildings"!!

World
    Newfoundland
    You can get a silo in exchange for gems in your shop window in the Architect category.
    I am no longer the Community Manager for this version of TSO. Please send any question to BB_Ravel.

World
    Newfoundland
    Yeah I have overreact and wish to appologyze for that... and about GEMs... Is it possible you implement VOTE or BUY BB sponsor product, where non-paying players could get extra GEMs, so they could afford at least 1 SILO or whatever they want...

Also SILO could produce at least 2 wheat at level 1 and with every upgrade 2 wheat more... point of SILO should be something to prevent over and over wheat field building and if we talking about advantage, yes it is luxury for those who are paying for the game...

Its like in real life, rich guys prevails just because they have enough bravery and wisdom to invest in something...

Also for the balance among many wheat fields the distribution of SILO should renew the wheat field with lowest wheat amount not to the closest... or at least implement option, where player could choose what distribution type is more useful for him/her...
    Last edited by Energyman; 10.01.12 at 07:01.
    Just be yourself... Your soul is the God... Find the way to your true reality... Help others to help yourself... We all are One!

World
    Newfoundland
    The option idea is quite interesting... I'll talk about it to BB.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Strange statement, I must say. So you are saying - even if you pay, you'll not be treated better. So what is the point of getting gems ?

Quote Originally Posted by BB_Azariel View Post
    I'd be curious to see a "hard GM altitude"... Tell me, what does it look like?

To answer your question (that you so politely asked), the silo does not, and will never produce the amount of seed you would like it to.

The reason for this is VERY simple: if we made the silo better, it would increase the void between paying players and non-paying players. BlueByte's main rule when implementing new content is to make the gameplay experience as similar as possible for all players, that new players don't feel left behind because they don't buy gems.
    So you might not be happy with the way things are, but if we increased the Silo output, many more players (non-paying players) would complaining as well of how "over-powered" paying users are.

Nevertheless, getting the right balance between paying and non-paying is really difficult, so if you have constructive criticism and interesting points to make, I would be delighted to talk about them with you.

I hope this is sufficient enough an explanation for you.

World
    Newfoundland
    Terkosh, you're reading between the lines here. I said we couldn't give paying users too big an advantage that's all.

BB_Azariel

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    so if 100 marble cost 125 gems why can't the silo cost 750 gems for paying users and for not paying users for example ((750/125)*100)*2 or *3 whatever. just make it available for not paying users as well

World
    Newfoundland
    Silos are good as they are now. You have to find out how to use them. Check attachment for sample usage for silos. In that setup both field never deplete. Screen from test server.
    Attached Images

Reply to Thread