Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: The Silo and how it works

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    So, in summary... Silos are ridiculously expensive, and you need as many silos as farms and upgraded to the same level in order to prevent field depletion.

Why are people buying them? Just refill the wheat fields. The money would be much better spent on, well, anything else. (recycling plants, watermills, licences).

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    there always be whiners of the game if the have to buy something
    i think you made a real good statement with saying that you want the barrier between paying and non paying players as low as posibel
    thats real great to do like this we all can enjoy the game together paying as non paying

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    i feel ripped also, i thought i get 1 field every 12 minutes, now i trowed away 750gems i bought

not happy with this!

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    silos are for lazy ppl like me who don't want to rebuild the wheat field.. its not required from everyone to have them, u can play well without them, so i find the complains here unnecessary..

fortunately u can buy them from other players as well, so u don't need gems at all.. its again the difference between the ppl who PLAY the game and who CRY without thinking..

yes it costed much gc, yes it took me 3 months to make them all, yes u pay double upgrade for farms, and yes of course u can spend all that 100+k gc and tons of granite on anything else, yes its ur free choice, but i am lazy, and it was the cost i decided to pay for when i log in i see all my wheat fields full, none depleted, and have no work at all left with the farms, yes its a good feeling, yes its nice to say not many ppl have put so much effort in it, yes its nice when other players say wow, and finally yes, combination of silos and farms upgraded to lvl5 look fancy and they do their job at bests..

my next effort will be full watermills, i hate to rebuild wells as well..

sorry if someones soul was hurted, it was intentional:P
    Last edited by HuzzAl; 21.07.12 at 09:32.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by RubendePuben View Post
    SnipperBE, don't blame that site. It says that other buildings use op Coal, or Ore with the appropriate number in brackets (). The Silo refills Wheat (1). Or did you think a Horsemaker uses (4) wells for 1 horse?
    The icon is misleading - it shows farmfiled icon instead of corn icon .
    Other buildings mentioned by you - using Coal or Ore - have proper icons of the coal or ore - not icons of mines, right ?

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    And its not all about silo's being for lazy people as well, silo's are also very useful for people like me who work alot of hours with my job so I need to have silo's to stop my fields depleting whilst I am work and then all my production stopping because of that. Its easy enough to say build more fields then, but if yo ulook at my island in the advanced stages of the game there is no room for extra fields, plus then when you get home from work you have to spend two hours each day just rebuilding them, not including wells, copper mines, marble mines etc etc so yes silo's are very important for some people especially if you work and are in the higher levels of this games where you need alot of farms to to keep production running normal.

Silo's do exactly what they say they do and how people could ever presume it would replenish a whole wheat field every 12 minutes its just crazy, you would never need more than a few to run your whole island lol.

So before people come on here moaning and complaining read about things first and all you people that say its for lazy people you are also wrong.. As of course it wil appeal to lazy people as well it is not specifically for lazy people and not all people who use them should be classed as lazy which I find rude.
    So if someone can afford to buy gems and want to buy something to make there island and game work better for them, why shouldn't they ?? it seems that in general its the non paying paying who cant afford these things that are the haters as they cant have them.. but why should it be made easier for non paying members to get these paid items ?? Then it means that all the paying members who have brought them have been ripped off and shouldn't of spent a penny.. there still has to be a clear benefit for actually spending money on gems, and of course our game should be made a little easier or more convenient for spending money.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinek View Post
    The icon is misleading - it shows farmfiled icon instead of corn icon .
    Other buildings mentioned by you - using Coal or Ore - have proper icons of the coal or ore - not icons of mines, right ?
    And no the farm produces corn, not the field or silo ?? so that is exactly right the silo produces the first icon, and then the FARM produces the corn icon

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by itsmegavin View Post
    And no the farm produces corn, not the field or silo ?? so that is exactly right the silo produces the first icon, and then the FARM produces the corn icon
    But SILO doesn't "produce" fields - SILO fills fileds with corn. Field need to exist before SILO can fill it.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Nice one Acee...

So 7 Silo's and 7 Farms will produce ever lasting wheat in one field?
    That's good to know...

So back to Energyman's point...
    7 Silo's would cost 5250 gems
    5600 gems cost £24.99 (in real £'s)?
    ...for £24.99 I'd expect a hell of a lot more for my hard earned cash than ONE everlasting field!

So regardless to what you say BB_Azeriel, there is clearly a massive gap already between the paying player and non-paying player.
    You have to have cash to burn to make these Silo's work, so why not just make them more effiecient in the first place (as Energyman stated) and you may get more people investing in Gems...
    I don't see buying gems as cheating, it's supporting the development of a very good game... Most games you'd pay for over the counter, this is no different and the benefits for buying Gems with real cash should be much better than is currently being offered.

(By he way, I'm not suggesting that the way Energyman put his question across was anywhere near polite or respectful, just that I agree with the core of his argument)
    Last edited by MagicGadget; 23.10.12 at 19:02.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland

I think BB have got it about right

So regardless to what you say BB_Azeriel, there is clearly a massive gap already between the paying player and non-paying player.
    You have to have cash to burn to make these Silo's work, so why not just make them more efficient in the first place (as Energyman stated) and you may get more people investing in Gems...
    I have never paid a penny of real money to play this game. I have a vet general - thanks to last Easter's event and to the help my guild gave me, I have a grim reaper and more than 15 Silos thanks to this event, saving up my resources before the event and help from some guildmates in trading my goods for pumpkins and silos (I personally don't enjoy the trading and spend 12 hours a day at work).
    I am now in a position to help repay the help I have had from my guild. So we have been collecting pumpkins to help lower level (especially non-paying) players get their grims and silos.
    Overall I think BB have the balance about right. Yes I have progressed slower than others who have purchased gems and got themselves fast generals, silos and vets earlier in the game than I have. Yes I have had to spend more time than they have re-building fields and wells and mines. Yes the build queue is a pain but you can chat and adventure while you do this or do it while you are watching the TV. In my view the advantages in time and effort that the paying players get is fair.

(I did eventually give in and order 2 starter packs in late August so I could get myself a couple of fast generals but they stopped making them before my order was fulfilled. Now I realise I didn't need them - I just need to overproduce a few things so I have plenty to sell.)

Reply to Thread