Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: The Silo and how it works

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    I am not sure the silo replenishes the closest farm.
    In my case it doesnt. It chooses sometimes farms 1-2 blocks away.
    And yes, it doesnt skip the closest farm because it is more than full (i.e. refilled)

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas1978 View Post
    To be honest, the prices on buildings in this game is way to high, and does not justify the price. As Todilo have showen above. And im a happy gem buyer, but still havent bought a single silo nor do i plan to. The amount needed for it to really be worth it is crazy.
    I got totally fed up with replacing empty fields after a while, and bought silo's for all my farms. Totally worth it for me

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    can you advise watermill upgrade costs?

Architect of the Empire Sinister-King's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hello Egga,

This is slightly off-subject but you can find all upgrade costs (including gem shop buildings) by clicking here.

Thank you,
    Sinister-King

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    I got 1 little comment on these 1field layouts: Pp buff to gain more resources per hour,so why such long transport times Stealing seconds is key in gaining more resources.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    The silo is next to useless. I spend most of my time messing about replacing multiple wheat fields. It is far too time consuming.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hi Seekhunt, Let's if I got this right, 1 silo produces wheat every 12 mins, as I have 1 silo and 20 wheat fields, I would need more silos for it to be able to keep the fields going at the mo all my fields are getting depleted.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorf View Post
    I got 1 little comment on these 1field layouts: Pp buff to gain more resources per hour,so why such long transport times Stealing seconds is key in gaining more resources.
    it is all a balancing act for later stages- and the balance is different for various people. Issues to take into account for placement etc
    1) Limited space on the island, so you end up having to chose what to build/place and what to leave out to maximize the benefit for yourself
    2) Silo takes space but can be compensated with less fields as multiple farms and silos can use 1 field- downside might be increased transportation times
    3) Price of buildings and upgrades versus the benefit (in all reality, silos are only usefull if you have many silos, preferably as many as farms at which time you can get the situation where you do not have to rebuild fields every day)

So all depends how you value the rebuilding fields chore versus forking over sizable resources to avoid this with silos and then you have the same issue for water and you can try to get a lot of watermills to get self sufficient without need to build wells etc.

If you value the lack of rebuilding, you will be willing to sacrifice some production time (which could also be earned back with no field depletion- which i find can impact my production a lot if all fields in one region get depleted during the night or when i am not around to rebuild some of em to keep short transport times

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Bstard View Post
    The silo is next to useless. I spend most of my time messing about replacing multiple wheat fields. It is far too time consuming.
    I bought silo's for all my fields some weeks back, and upgraded the siloes to the same level as my farms. I have not replaced a single field since. Siloes are awesome

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Here are few simple layouts to compare production times:

Priority was production time and the same times for silo and farm.
    You can use it for 1 or more silos - just build them up symetricaly.

Reply to Thread