Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: The Silo and how it works

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Haven't you been reading?? You get 1 everlasting field for 1 SILO + 1 FARM (=> 7 Silo's + 7 Farms on [B]1[B] everlasting field)

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    My setup is everlasting too, but got shortest possible walk times.
    I can do 50 silos+50 farms+field+storage if i like to see walking settlers...

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Hi
    As one of the non-gem buyers - I do feel the silo is too weak...even upgraded to level 5; it is still not worth the effort/cost/time etc (in my opinion)
    Not sure how to tweak it though...

Also - whilst the policy of keeping paying/non-paying experiences as close as possible - I do feel those that buy gems should feel a slight difference. After all, it's not a player vs player game at this point, so it's not like you can 'buy' a victory over another player...

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Sandycove
    The silo is an optional long term investment. An investment that thanks to being able to buy/sell them on the TO anyone can work towards.
    They work at the same rate as a farm, which provides great symmetry, and allow you to construct some fairly good layouts that might otherwise be impossible if the silos were better than a farm.

I think they're great as they are, and already do provide a slight difference. My silos (purchased from the TO, events, and guild market, none for gems) allow me to be feel good about having to rebuild less fields.

World
    Sandycove
    i have all silos to match my farms the last of which are on way to level 5 now
    but to take into account for the many farms/silos working on only 6 Fields i have got a few extra silos just to cover for the travel times so i have 1 or 2 extra silos again level 5 in selected parts of my farming areas to be making more wheat in the fields than i use when the last are finished upgradeing

Reply to Thread