View Poll Results: Do you feel you get rewarded accordingly when capturing a sector?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

31 40.79%
  • No

45 59.21%
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Resources input v's sector rewards

World
    Newfoundland
    well i believe it is alright because of the space you get for more buildings... but then the resources you used defeating the bandits also goes towards you leveling up and gaining new buildings and units so that's why i reckon its not too bad but not too good

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisJB1 View Post
    I feel that, considering the amount of time it takes to generate the resources needed to capture a sector, the rewards are pitiful. Either resources need to be gathered far faster and production times speeded up, or building costs need to be far less expensive in terms of resources.
    After Playing this Beta Version of the game for the last three weeks or so, I've finally had enough and will not be coming back. The reasons are as follows:

The time it takes to gather resources is far too long, even with upgrades and buffs added.

The amount of resources needed for buildings or training of troops (Why are so many tools needed? Why does a swordsman need 10 swords? or an archer need so many bows? etc.)

It's taken me 3 weeks or so to reach level 21 and I only control 4 sectors. I doubt I would have got this far without the "early christmas prezzies" we got for sticking with the game during the problems encountered.

Then I found out the shop was finally up and running!!!!!! And then I found out the designers want us (the testers of the Beta Edition) to use our real world currency to buy things in this shop so they can test that it works ok. What happens to the money or the goods bought when the Beta Testing is over?

I think the final straw for me was when I sent my explorer out on a 12 hour mission ( I decided to try this as the TREASURES from the 6 hour missions were becoming pitiful) and he came back with 30 Exotic Logs!! What the hell do I do with Exotic Logs? I'm on level 21 and have seen no use at all for Exotic Logs.

Maybe I'm just impatient, But, when you consider that the game continues to run even when you're off-line, taking more than 3 weeks to gain control of 4 or 5 sectors is just too long and requires too much time sitting around waiting until you have enough resources to do something. Thank the Gods for tabbed browsers, as the 1 good thing I got from all this was that I managed to catch up on a few stories that I've been following on storiesonline.net.

Anyway, that's enough griping from me. I'd like to thank you for this opportunity to try the game and I hope my criticisms are helpful.
    Please let me know if you decide to reduce the amount of resources needed for just about everything by at least half as I would be interested to give it another try.

Just as a point of interest, I've played all the previous Settlers games and I also found those to be mostly too slow in gathering resources and too expensive to build things. As I said before, maybe I'm just too impatient for the game.

I'll probably check in now and again to see how thing are going, but, for now, bye-bye.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    As the adage goes Patience is a virtue

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    as Azariel said you get fair amount when you get a sector, I think its good, the reward for destroying bandit camp can be frustrating at times, but at least we get something

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    I would say that, having only conquered 2 sectors, that i don't see the point in trying harder to conquer more. I've just hit lvl 18 and think that its more efficient to improve the buildings i have rather than start building an iron industry. Maybe that will change once my buildings are all improved and i need more soldiers for the new sectors but for now i feel i have an advantage in knowing i can improve all my mines knowing my geologist will always find resources in the same place each time meaning i don't need to rebuild my masons ever and can level them up.

World
    Newfoundland
    I'm with Azariel on this one..

Quote Originally Posted by BB_Azariel View Post
    ... you do not only gain permits, you also get more space to build, more mines and quarries to find and experience points at beating the bandits camps.
    Plus something that can't be measured in terms of resources; the satisfaction of clearing the sector or adventure.
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Didn't read the whole thread so sorry if this has already been posted. Capturing a sector reward you with building space which is invaluable.

Edit: Yep, scrolled up one post and saw that it had...appologies

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    agreed, I loose most of the recruits and not one archer to the point I have put the bowmaker to sleep as I have hundreds of bows, and am constantly recruiting amd making swords. surely the archers should have some losses and reduce those of the recruits.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Most of these complaints seem to be from people who have not progressed too far into the game. Yes some things are slow - building licenses seem useless when you get them - ah, but later....... Also people are over-looking the loot gained in each camp defeated.
    Capturing your own island is a learning process, which pays off later in the game.

Reply to Thread