Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Api

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland

Api

Hi, I hope this is the right sections.

I wonder if there will be/are an open API were you can use for build small apps, like get what is your current status or/and send your explorer on treasure. The reason for this is that my ZTE Blade can not use flash so i thought hey why not build an app were I can do all small "admin" things on the way to work

Cheers
    /Muhola

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    That would be very intresting!

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Muhola View Post
    Hi, I hope this is the right sections.

I wonder if there will be/are an open API were you can use for build small apps, like get what is your current status or/and send your explorer on treasure. The reason for this is that my ZTE Blade can not use flash so i thought hey why not build an app were I can do all small "admin" things on the way to work

Cheers
    /Muhola
    Not going to happen, that would lead to an unfair advantage for people with the API, just automatic send your explorers the second they are back. put some timers and such in your app and you will never miss anything. while the rest actually has to log in.

World
    Newfoundland
    Not to mention the amount of hacks and scripts that can be made to automate so many things in game
    https://soundcloud.com/damocracy_music/get-mad <-- My music channel on Soundcloud

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Well I agree, but on other hand that can be restricted with the API, for instants if you use the API you have a waiting penalty on the explorer on 30 min or something.
    I am not looking for a full API were you can do everything. looking for one where you can get you stats, read and write in the forum and maybe send explorer, geologist, maybe give building bost?

i don't really know what this can lead to but it was an idea for "power users" not an way for hack and cheat...

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    but there could be information only? So you can create charts and what not, and analyse your production-chains. Not allowing you to make actual changes.

World
    Newfoundland
    I second what Todilo said, an information-only API.
    Once PVP is implemented, there'll surely be some sort of scores tracking also (and clans would be very insterested in seeing graphs on how their members perform).
    Also a nice way to have an application check your storage situation (current amount & max).

It could also be a way for UBI to get a bit more money, if it was made a paid-option (X gems for 30 days of API access, for example).

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowMorph View Post
    I second what Todilo said, an information-only API.
    Once PVP is implemented, there'll surely be some sort of scores tracking also (and clans would be very insterested in seeing graphs on how their members perform).
    Also a nice way to have an application check your storage situation (current amount & max).
    Excellent suggestions.
    +1

World
    Newfoundland
    +1 to that.

A "read-only" API would be great. Even as a gem-paid option. For starters, an ability to fetch players' buildings and times would be most valuable
    CEO Economy - the ultimate tool for The Settlers Online economy management [ www.ceo-economy.appspot.com ]

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Muhola View Post
    I am not looking for a full API were you can do everything. ..... read and write in the forum
    Surely you can do that anyway without an API?

Reply to Thread