Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Trading

World
    Newfoundland
    I personally believe that a pop-out box would function better.

Down near the star menu should be a trade icon. Clicking this will pop up a box with all the avilable trades. Here you can filter your trades for items you're looking for, as well as items to place on sale.
    This function could also have it's own trading chat channel along side this market feature, or at the bottom. This would allow people to trade while, at the same time, keeping an eye on the current economy.

Basically, a pop-out trade channel and trade area. I find the trade is in the wrong place. Everything else in those tabs is for chat, except trade.
    A new feature should be implemented giving the trade feature it's own section.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Guys !!!1111 one...
    I have been banned from chat and from trades for over 3 days.. and talking about my spam, it wasnt evry 5-10 seconds new line, like evry 4-5 minutes i put "text" where i said what i am buying and what i am selling. If there was a trade channel, and or 3 trades it would only be good for evryone. I could put right trade for right matterials in trade tab, because i would know what people have and what they want to buy. Now when you make a trade without knowing that, its like Pine wood for coins -> guy maybe need my pine wood, but he has no coins and he would like to trade hes marble for my pine wood -> how ever, he cant accept my trade and i just made 10 minutes waste of time ;(

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    I was never really bothered by your spamming molder, but understand that a limit must be set as if everyone did it, no honest discussion of the game would be possible.

Let's hope for a Trade Channel, as the current Trade System is.....poorly executed.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    my biggest issues with the trade system are:

1) no dedicated trade chat channel to get supply and demand to meet up. The trade functionality just doesn't bring people together to work out a trade- once together they can whisper to work it out but there is no way people can signal interest in buying or selling an item and then negotiating a price
    2) Trades do not automatically conclude when you post it nor get removed when someone buys an item. This adds a lot of needless clicks and appearances of randomness/impoliteness on the part of the seller when canceling 3 or 4 trade requests because the items have already been sold to someone else
    3) long waiting time on wrapping up sales- this means that your goods get tied up till someone decides to decline a trade or it times out

basically the trade system is a barter system as there is no real uniform currency in use. This makes trading harder to accomplish due to the huge number of possibilities. A system like that needs far more interaction on a personal lvl than just the ability to post an item for 10 minutes and hope for the best

World
    Newfoundland
    I actually consider a trade chat unnecessary. Something that would be a lot better, less spammy and actually very useful would be an "announce"-function.

It should work something like this:
    When you have an active trade up you are able to press the "announce"-button which sends out a colored text in the main chat stating "Wardein is currently offering 200 <material x> for 100 <material y>."
    The button itself has a 3 minute cooldown.

This will not be as spammy, it will also look organised as it comes from the game with the same standard message rather than "I TRADE 500 BEER!!!!!!!" or "Trading 999 logs of pine for 12000 bananas! Who wants them!!?"
    The best form of chaos is organised chaos.
    --> On my spare time I work on a "Free 2 Play" quiz game for Android devices, it's called bClever. Be sure to check it out. <--

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    a trade chat is better, 2 days ago i had 4k coal.. it was better to announce on trade: "WTT coal for almost any other resource" than placing 3 trades, 2 waiting times(20m) to sell it for 3 other products i requested. I was available for almost any trade, at a fair exchange rate... but other players couldn't have known that.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by SirFloxtrot View Post
    a trade chat is better, 2 days ago i had 4k coal.. it was better to announce on trade: "WTT coal for almost any other resource" than placing 3 trades, 2 waiting times(20m) to sell it for 3 other products i requested. I was available for almost any trade, at a fair exchange rate... but other players couldn't have known that.
    Yes this is really needed for bulk trading, a dedicated channel would solve this and anyone that spams the channel should get banned some it sort itself out in a short period

I think multiple trades would be good, but if we stick with just 1 then the the trade timer needs some improvement. If I sell what I have on offer and cancel the offer, the system won't let me post a new offer until the timer has finished. So I might as well just leave the offer up and let it time out, but then I may get offers for an item I no longer have.
    Last night I put an offer up which had expired half hr before I logged off, but when I logged on this morning I had a new request from somebody, so their goods had been tied up in the system all night, presumably because they hadn't refreshed the trades before making the offer.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    To solve this problem, admin and mods have 2 posibilities
    1) Ban player (mute) and not give any chance to trade at all (because trade tab disapiers after ban aswell)
    2) Or offer player to chat about trades in guild chat tab.

Have tried both of ways, mostly the first one .
    But if i have to talk about second option, its really good. Only problem is player ammount, our trade guild has only 15 players now. So i am offering, to evry self respecting trader, to join our trade guild, it is 400 coins and no other rules right now. We need to make more traders, so we dont need to spam in global.
    So whisper me or bhoycey for invites, and while there is no trade chat, will use guild chat !!!

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Personally, i think MOD_Calen is too quick to jump on people and is in some respect ruining gameplay. If you are having a discussion and he doesn't like it, or isnt involved, he basically tells you to change the subject/take it to whisper.

I think until a trade channel is created trade should be allowed in main chat. We are all new at this game and need to help each other to understand the values of items etc. I know there is a trade calculator however at different player levels, items have more/less significance and are therefore worth less/more at that time.

You are also not allowed to 'advertise' your guild in chat. One line of 'we have a guild where you can chat freely about trade' is hardly a hanging offense.. but Calen will go after you completely.

As i said, trade chat should be allowed, however one line only per trade offer - continual repeating should result in a warning / ban as that is clearly spam. there is also a 5 second limit on posts, so spamming is more difficult.

I know it sounds like a personal attack on one mod, but he is being talked about privately and needs to lighten up - he is ruining gameplay for a lot of people, and these people are ultimately where the cash is going to come from, especially when we are stickig with it through downtime etc.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    You should also be have an 'offer' trade - leave the required goods blank to allow buyers to make offers for what you are selling.

Closed Thread