Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Trading

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland

Trading

Admins keep banning me (mute), because i spam in global chat. true, i do so.. but why so ?

there is answer in 2 sugestions-
    1) every one should be able to make 3 trades in same time
    2) there should be trade chat channel, so people could comunicate and sell something to each other

( admins say, hey stop spamming, put it on a trade! My answer is- there is over 20 diffrent resources, i am buying 3 of them and selling 8, whats my chance to hit a pair ? - if i could sell 3 difrent resources at time, or but 3 at time, i might stop spamming and even get needed resource..)

+ add suggest
    3) There should be posible to cancel/ decline trade from both sides ( instead of waiting 8 hours, if the other trader went offline )

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Good suggestions but spamming the channel is still annoying.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Also i would be happy to pay 1-2-3 coins for having a chance to make 20-40-60 minute trades in trade tab...

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    increase the limit to 3 trades simultaneously, trading is important part of games like this, and having one order for either buying or selling is somewhat stupid imo.

Add few ingame trade channel, or 3 ie. one for foodbuffs, one for weapon trading and one for raw material for example.

adding the channels will get rid of the I BAN THEE thats going on at the moment in chat. then again question to mods, why do you ban traders and not players asking questions in global chat, as there is a channel for helping in game already?

World
    Newfoundland
    Multiple trade options and even extended trade options would increase the pace of the game dramatically.
    I believe there is actually a benefit of just having a single trade option up. You think twice about the success of your trade before putting it up which eventually should lead to better deals on the market and prevent insane/scamming offers to be made.

I also believe that multiple trades simultaneously will create a market where a large portion of items are offered at all times.
    Causing heavy competition in trade which will only be dominated by those that can keep the production flowing.
    In many ways I see a lot of disadvantages to the game and this suggestion would only benefit players that trade a lot and are able to keep their production high.

As for the trade channel, I'm not to sure, since a trade channel basically replaces offers being put up, however it would be odd to ban people from talking about trade since it's part of the game. So perhaps if a well anti-spam trade channel is in place, to prevent auto spamming of offers.
    VENI, VIDI, VICI

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    well, there are pro's and con's for the multiple trade system. I fail to see anything wrong with healthy competition in trade, specially as this game is very slow paced. there might come a situation where some certain guild would hold majority of the market, but thats part of the online games always. Also about the "insane scamming" that happens now, and will happen as long the system stays as it is, as those who actually want to stabilize the market around certain prizes cant do that as they cant seed products effective enough, thus leaving room for those who sell products for extremely high due lack of competition. Yes I know its not stupid to sell, but to buy, but certain group of players cant stay logged all the time to lurk in the trade and hope to get materials they need for fair trades.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    We still have loads of scammers hanging around, even with the current trading limitations.

I support the trade channel idea.

Spamming in chats - Instead of a 5 second buffer, the chat should prevent similar statements from being issued every ~20 seconds. IMO.

Guilds - There are severe restrictions on guild size. And, they're more or less balanced.

You can offer trades during periods of high activity.

A 'market price' feature, based upon recent completed trades statistics, could limit trades from being outlandish.

Plus, a filter could be implemented, allowing players to automatically filter through trades they're not interested in. eg, trades charging players for gold coins.

World
    Newfoundland
    I, too, support the trade channel idea. But till that time I think mentioning trades in the global chat should not be treated so harshly.

I understand why there is a rule in place currently against spamming. I, also, do not want people solely sending out (spam) WTB/WTS messages every other minute. However, I see a grey area here that currently is enforced too black/white. Regular chatty people who just send out a simple 'I need marble, does anyone have some to spare?' or 'I got a load of ... and need ...' or 'who wants to do a wine trade' is different than people who just send out the WTB/WTS. These people imo should not be yelled at so harshly, it takes away fun from global chat and in turn turns people off this game.

There is no other chat to do this right now, therefore I am simply suggesting people who are just looking for stuff, announcing (in moderation) that they have a trade up and are not spamming to not be yelled at each time.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Look my 2 cents on this is that you arent going to be able to moderate trade discussion, its by human nature people will want to discuss this to get a better deal or get a deal on what they want. The only solution in my eyes is to either allow trade chat in global until a trade channel is created (then you force everyone to move such discussion there) or just allow it full stop in global (at least they are discussing an element of the game they are playing and not some unrelated crap)
    To moderate/ban people for discussing this when its not available on the trade tabe for discussion is creating undeserving agnst against moderators, and could possibly drive players away from the game. It is in beta after all and shouldnt things be a little more relaxed for a while, until the finer points are ironed out

Some of the rules here are draconian and rediculous, and the fact that they "cannot be discussed" as ive been told in chat is a dictatorship. This is a BETA... when there is an overall consensus with an issue in-game, take it as beta feedback! We are doing the BlueByte team a favour as well as them doing one for us in early access.

I today was told off for saying in chat "If your willing to trade your presents for items put your offer on the trade tab, because i want to buy some! Except for gold..." I tried to make my point that this was not a trade discussion, this was purely a promotion of i need something please make me an offer. Because when i can make only 1 offer every 10 minutes it is very hard to guess what resource people want most for it.

At the end of the day, I am here to help this game, If you will not help me help you, you know the outcome.
    And there I was contemplating on pay day buying some gems from the shop to test its functionality out as well...

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    + trade channel
    + 20s downtime on trade channel messages

market price feature, low to no interest...
    filters seem ok from my pov

Closed Thread