Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Customizable resource-bar

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by topgearfan View Post
    If BB is not capable of inventing a way for us to choose the res maybe they could have it change with level ranges.
    I don't think it makes much sense going with the ranges, since most high level resources you don't really need to keep track of.

Especially when you consider stuff like platinum ore or mahogany wood where the current state is always "much more than you can spend".
    __
    As for the customizable bar, I think a good approach would be a checkbox in the options tabs allowing us to choose which components are supposed to be rendered on start of the game. Drag & drop would be nicer but I think way too complex to be implemented easily.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Has been suggested since the dawn of time.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkz View Post
    I don't think it makes much sense going with the ranges, since most high level resources you don't really need to keep track of.

Especially when you consider stuff like platinum ore or mahogany wood where the current state is always "much more than you can spend".
    __
    As for the customizable bar, I think a good approach would be a checkbox in the options tabs allowing us to choose which components are supposed to be rendered on start of the game. Drag & drop would be nicer but I think way too complex to be implemented easily.
    Personally I would prefer check-box's in Eco.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland

Make the top menu dynamic

Make the top menu dynamic

As you advance in the game, the need for knowing how many pine planks, hardwood planks, stone and marble becomes more or less obsolete. How about giving players the choice of showing which ever ressource they find usable there?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    +1
    Nice idea - I never look at the top menu now. I have to go to the Economy overview.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

World
    Newfoundland
    suggested many, many times before
    http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...l=1#post322569

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove

User configurable stock bar

The bar across the top of the screen that shows you the levels of various resources would be a lot more useful if it was user configurable, as you progress into the game, knowing how much stock of pinewood and stone is not useful, and other things become a priority. If users could select what they see on that bar it would add utility and just generally not waste space on information is not interested in.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    +1 from me, I like that sound of that. especially when keeping an eye on expert resources when a player is trying to level buildings up. Or if a player needs to watch out for a rare resource from running too low.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Previously suggested here.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    did u know u can open up a window showing all ur stock?

Reply to Thread