Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Goldmines goldsmelter and coinage.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland

Thumbs down Goldmines goldsmelter and coinage.

can anyone tell my why we should even build it.

first of i got level 3gold mine with 2k gold ore atm, buffed all the time it will give me 4000ore, my smelter is level 2 also buffed all the time.
    Smelter makes 4 ore into 2bars buffed 4 bars. coinage takes 4bars to make 1coin. buffed 2. cant upgrade it since it take 500granite and 400exotic wood.

so my mine can do a total off 1000coins buffed 2000coins. now i spent 800 just to upgrade smelter, obscene amounts of materials hardwoodplanks/marble and tools.

so can anyone tell me why on earth should anyone build it? something seems wrong how can a mine that starts with 300 give an aoutput of 37.5 coin if it is unbuffed all the time?.. further more the coinage takes 24mins to make 1coin.
    Last edited by Macpears; 15.12.11 at 17:00.

World
    Newfoundland
    Without it you will quickly run out of gold for upgrading other buildings since you cant base all your economy just on the coins you get from clearing some of the camps.

Sooner or later you will have to build those buildings, and not even one but at least 4 or 5 if youre planning to stay in the game.

Also, with well planed economy, the amount of resources needed for these mines is not obscene.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    talked with some of the old players, they told me about the same that in the long run it will turn out profit, but in the beginning its slow and expensive thanks sparkz

MOD_Seekhunt
    i just wanna ad, then when you have build your buildings, you dont need to upgrade them, thats your own choice, and even more, when they are build, its only the mine you need to replace, so every other resources used is a one time deal.

So all in all. Yes it takes huge amount of resources and time to get the coin production up and running, but after that, i can only imagine it will pay out in the end, like sparkz said :-)

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland

its all possible

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hmm i still cant understand, how thats good to make coinage. If now i can buy 100 coins for 200-250 marble or HW planks, i spend much more marble and HW in one gold mine.. Even if i dont talk about smelter and third building ...

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by molder View Post
    Hmm i still cant understand, how thats good to make coinage. If now i can buy 100 coins for 200-250 marble or HW planks, i spend much more marble and HW in one gold mine.. Even if i dont talk about smelter and third building ...
    Its because the amount of gold you can get by clearing camps and killing bosses is limited.

Once all the gold circulating on market will be spent on upgrades, prices will drop significantly and you will not have any way of getting more gold. Plus 2-2.5k you can initially get is barely a tip of the iceberg, Ive personally spent around 150k of gold so far on upgrades alone.

On Steppenwald/DE our current prices are like 10gm for 400 marble, 15gm for 400 horses, other stuff is cheap as hell aswell.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Ok tnx for info ! So after about moneth or two gold will go up, but till there are new meat, which produces gold its really unbalance in market right now . I have spent about 5k gold here my self, but still dont think i wish to make goldmine..

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    I have not bothered to build a gold mine yet either.... I've also not bothered with the butcher and hunter because the material cost seems to be too high if we only get a buff out of the sausages....

Buffing also seems to be a bit expensive for what you end up with if you just want to increase your army - eg to increase my militia production I would have to buff 4 iron mines + 2 iron smelters + 1 weaponsmith + 10 coke makers + 20 woodcutters + (approx) 30 foresters.....

ETA:

Plus the only real result in buffing any sword maker is that the mine will run out quicker.....
    Last edited by lynnkx; 17.12.11 at 12:49.

World
    Newfoundland
    buffing increases production without extra resource consumption.

Also, with buffs you would need only one iron mine and 1 smelter for 1 weaponsmith.

Reply to Thread