Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Unbalanced BUFF cost

World
    Newfoundland

Unbalanced BUFF cost

Hi,

I have done some math and come to conclusion how BUFF's are to expencive to use.

If you make Fish platter and use to a Fir wood cutter you get several times more expensive Pine wood then you haven't use BUFF.

Example:

1 Pine wood = 144 seconds to produce, but with Fish platter BUFF you get 2 Pine wood yes, but... look the math:

2 Pine wood = (144 seconds + (Fish 220 seconds * 40)) = 8944 seconds

so...

Normal production for 2 Pine wood = 288 seconds and BUFF production for 2 Pine wood = 8944 seconds...

8944 / 288 = wooooowwww 31 times more expensive with BUFF then with out it... for what?

Just to actually double production output and for only 30 minutes???

Ouch people... stop use BUFFs...

SidV
    ? can´t understand your calc *lol*

Fir wood cutter prod time = 122 seconds (mine) for 1 logs
    1 Fish Buff = 30 min (selfbuff) = 1800 seconds

Without buff you would get in 1800 seconds = 14,75 logs ... with buff = 29,5 logs (if the cutter is on lvl1)

1 Fish buff cost 10 fish you will get for this 14-15 logs more... that´s the right calc.

BTW not every building is worth to buff... for example a farm
    Last edited by SidV; 19.12.11 at 14:51.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    @Energyman: I think you should ask your schools for a refund.

World
    Newfoundland
    How you get 3 logs in 122 second per row if your Fir wood cutter is Level 1???

But you right about 1 Fish buff = 10 fish... I first start to calculate with Sandwich Buff = 40 fish then realise its to complicated... but ok...

Nevertheless 122 seconds with BUFF = 2 logs per row not 6...

and 10 fish x 220 second = 2200

122 + 2200 = 2322 seconds with buff and 244 without it = Almost 10 times more expensive with BUFF then without it...
    Last edited by Energyman; 19.12.11 at 14:42.

SidV
    ahhh okay true ... mine is on lvl3 my fault... i will edit my first posting ^^

World
    Newfoundland
    Well, no matter ad hoc calculations, what is matter game needs serious changes... Do you remember Settlers 2 where you need to feed your miners and everything goes automaticly???

I do...

Now, the game programers could do the same, but apply automatic feeding to all buildings...

1 Fish lasts 30 minutes
    1 Bread lasts 120 minutes
    1 Meat lasts 6 hours

x 100 buildings you have to upkeep or else production stops... also where Game Makers can earn some real cash... Leave in the STAR center Fish platter or Sandwiches to feed hungry settlers in need, but instead of raw materials you use your GEMS to purchase those additional food...

Everybody leaves happy...

SidV
    there are such gem things in the shop... "Black Market" ... Exotic Fruit Basket (Buff 3x for 12 hours) or Red Flying Settler (Buff 3x for 24 hours)

World
    Newfoundland
    Unless you spend awful lot of building licenses on buildings for food production, you cant really expect to be able to buff more than 20 buildings a day for 24 hours. So its up to you to plan production, buildings locations and buildings you wont build so that you dont need more than that.

Remember this is optional and its supposed to help if you can make right use of it.

World
    Newfoundland
    Ok, but if those things are put in the STAR menu, people will more often pay attention to actually buy sometimes additional food in time of crises when stockpiles become empty. But, we again getting off the main topic, why I have start this tread anyway...

We are talking about implementation of food in Settlers economy like something without settlers can not run the production. The point is, BUFFs should play only supportive role in economy not essential one.

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    Buffs are well worth it. It is even worth it to buff your fish production with a fish platter at level 2.

A level 2 fisherman produces around 17 fish per 30 minutes.
    That means you can dubble the production of a building for longer than it takes to make that fish. So it is worth it.
    Even if you factor in the 1.7 bread it takes to replant those 17 fish, it's still worth it. And that is only at level 2.

Reply to Thread