Reply to Thread

Thread: Made a trade request but then realised it was a bad trade and didn't hit accept....

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland

Made a trade request but then realised it was a bad trade and didn't hit accept....

I recently made a trade request on a couple of trades, at the time I could have sworn that the person I was trading with wanted me to give them tools or pine or something of that ilk in exchange for 10 presents which would have been a reasonable trade imho.

However I then realised when they had hit accept on their end that the trade was the other way arround.. i.e. involved me giving them 10 presents in exchange for these items which I did not want or need as I already had surplus to my needs.

So I decided not to hit on accept and the goods should never have been sent to my warehouse.

I checked with a number of the mods Callen was one and was told that everything should be returned to the original owners within 8 hrs or so, 24 hrs went by and nothing came my way, another 48 hrs have since gone by and to my knowledge I have still not recieved anything back.

So either the person who hit on accept has recieved 10 presents for absolutely free or I don't know what is going on, since I have never hit accept I figured and was told the same by the mods that the goods would not come to me so the trade would be canceled.

However for some reason this does not appear to be happening.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    One who sends an offer will temporally lose the goods one offers and one who receives the offer lose nothing. In your case, you didn't send the offer so you didn't lose your presents when you received the offer. As long as you don't accept other people's offers you'll lose nothing.

Also you need to understand more about the trading system. The person who decides the trade/ratio is the one who sends the offer, he/she doesn't accept anything at this point. The person who receives an offer is the one who can accept it or not. I've got to read your story twice to understand what you meant by "accept".

Reply to Thread