Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mines v building costs

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland

Mines v building costs

I'm up to level 23 and I've now got gold mines. The cost of bilding these isn't worth it when you see the amount of gold a mine holds. You'll have to keep rebuilding or spend a fortune keeping it stocked. I'm not averse to spending but the amount needed to build this mine seem totally disproprtionate to what you can get from it. Maybe reduce the building costs to reflect the amount a building will give you?

World
    Newfoundland
    Gold mine costs are acceptable.

If you find the cost too high youre either too low level to afford it or you didnt build your economy the way you should to handle the cost.

Keep in mind that with coins being the most important trade resource, these mines cant be too easy to build because that would cause the gold to lose its value pretty fast.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    1500 tools, 1500 marble, 1500 hardwood planks for a resouces of only 350 gold. That's not cost effective or acceptable to me and certainly nothing to do with how I've built my economy. I think the resources of some buildings like these need looking at, it's not as i these are quarries - they have to be rebuilt everytime gold runs out. There's a difference between being harder to build and not being cost effective.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Lol how can she be too low level if shes at the level where gold has become available..on top of this the number of marble mines is limited.. Sparkz does your economy involve buying lots of stuff at the ubi shop ?? If so I dont call that a well run in world economy. Would also be interested to know what level youre at and if you have gold production up and running. We could all buy stuff at the Ubi shop which is no doubt what the company want and why the use of resources is so set so high in many cases

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by MaelstromJ View Post
    Lol how can she be too low level if shes at the level where gold has become available..on top of this the number of marble mines is limited.. Sparkz does your economy involve buying lots of stuff at the ubi shop ?? If so I dont call that a well run in world economy. Would also be interested to know what level youre at and if you have gold production up and running. We could all buy stuff at the Ubi shop which is no doubt what the company want and why the use of resources is so set so high in many cases
    Im almost 46, produced gold since I was 30.

Being low level means you cant afford building enough marble quarries and hardwood sawmills to handle gold mines. That is because you didnt conquer enough territory, you didnt clear all the boss camps (and therefore didnt get all the +10's) and didnt get all the quest gold to upgrade your resource production. With production properly set up it is possible and not even hard, to maintain all 8 mines WITHOUT having to spend a dime on Ubi stuff. You just need time to set it up and some careful planning.

About cost effectiveness: ive already posted it like 10 times on these forums: right now you will get more gold selling the resources you need for the mine and production facilities. The gold thats circulating the market is LIMITED though, so sooner or later someone will have to start producing coins, also since more and more people will have the demand for gold (upgrades or trading), prices will drop. It will certainly reach a point where a) whatever you produce will take longer to produce and sell than straight up coin making and b) building materials will be much cheaper.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    also since more and more people will have the demand for gold (upgrades or trading), prices will drop
    Isn't it the higher the demand the higher price?

World
    Newfoundland
    Material prices* That ofc means gold price will skyrocket.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkz View Post
    Im almost 46, produced gold since I was 30.

Being low level means you cant afford building enough marble quarries and hardwood sawmills to handle gold mines. That is because you didnt conquer enough territory, you didnt clear all the boss camps (and therefore didnt get all the +10's) and didnt get all the quest gold to upgrade your resource production. With production properly set up it is possible and not even hard, to maintain all 8 mines WITHOUT having to spend a dime on Ubi stuff. You just need time to set it up and some careful planning.

About cost effectiveness: ive already posted it like 10 times on these forums: right now you will get more gold selling the resources you need for the mine and production facilities. The gold thats circulating the market is LIMITED though, so sooner or later someone will have to start producing coins, also since more and more people will have the demand for gold (upgrades or trading), prices will drop. It will certainly reach a point where a) whatever you produce will take longer to produce and sell than straight up coin making and b) building materials will be much cheaper.

YES i did get all the bandit camps and all the bandit bosses and I got the building licences. THAT IS NOT my issue. I've got plenty of licenses - but justify 1500 hardwood planks, 1500 marble (when you can only have 3 marble mines with alimited amount of marble) and 1500 tools (Using coal and copper) to mine out a mere 350 gold before having to rebuild. This is the 'suggestions' part of the forum, and that's what I posted. a 'suggestion'. Surely using those vast resources then the return should be more worthwhile. For me it's hardly worth building all the gold mines, coin maker etc because the return is minimal to waht it costs. so my 'suggestion' is to take a look at things like that. I've had a gold mine in my production queue for 3 days. Any resources I get towards it go on replenishing other things.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    To those opposed to the high resource cost of building a gold mine:

The point is not what you "get out of it" at level 23. If everyone got "cost effective" gold at level 23 then the value of gold as a trading comodity would drop drastically and there would be no economy, other buildings would be too easy to upgrade, etc. The point is that later in the game, at a higher level, one can then exploit this resource and make the gold that they mine work for them through trading with lower level players.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Considering that the resources used when creating a golden wine mug for 10 gold reward is 120 pinewood, 55 stones (5 wheat fields and 2 wells) the cost of gold mines is just stupid.

Reply to Thread