Reply to Thread

Thread: Deposits

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland

Deposits

I just love this game, but there are some "feature" s in it, that are purely frustrating.

The deposit handling is one of them. The deposit size is small, (a level 3 iron mine runs out in 18 hours) and you have to build your mine again, and again on the same spot (makes no sense at all). I really don't get it. We can stabilize wood production with the use of foresters, but in every other area, we just can't do that, even if we pay good money for it... (except wheat, where you can buy a silo - or get one with a server crash)

My suggestion would be, that geologists should be able to expand a deposits size, not just find one, and to compensate (a little), mine upgrades would be far more expensive. (and i wouldn't mind, if expanding a deposit size would cost me some reources either).

I know my suggestion does not stabilize the mineral economy (a building which expands deposits automatically would solve that, but it's just a dream ), but think of the people who just cannot login during day-to-day work.

Please consider my message

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Something along these lines would be fantastic. Also, remove the limit on how many deposits of a certain type that the geologists can find in an area. I'm constantly finding that one of my, for example, marble deposits runs out during the night, so the mason I have next to it has to travel long distances to find another deposit, if there are any left at all, when he could have been using another adjacent deposit if the geologist had been allowed to find it.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    I know this is an old thread... but i must agree to the fact that we need geologists to be able to add resources to a existing mine. even if its going to have a cost. to make if fair and square you can set the cost to what the cost is for building that mine. therefor price on gold ore wont drop for example. i know there is deposit refills. but thats just not good enough for iron or copper mines or stone or marble. I hope developers watch this and take it into consideration

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Gubbie..
    We already have such option.. You may give your geologists the skill Nature’s Gift...Thou you'd probably need MORE THAN A LOT of geologist skilled that way to really make use of it..
    Last edited by SmurfAsH; 23.07.14 at 01:27.
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Nature's gift is, sorry to say, broken.
    I have it and I regret taking it.

It does NOT refill a random mine to it's pristine state.
    It gives a 10% chance to increase a mine of the same type as the searched style (already a big restriction) by 100.
    So, you would need to spend an average of 20 hours in search time on your Jolly Geologist to get a 100 Gold Refill on a random gold deposit, and if you're unlucky, it'll hit one that doesn't even have a speed boost.

On a Copper mine, a 10% chance for a +100 copper refill is hardly worth mentioning.
    Spending 25 minutes for +100 Copper refill sounds good until you realize there's a Tome (lv23) skill that will net you an average 2.4*(50+100+250)/3 = 320 mined copper or straight to your storage in the same time...

If they fix Nature's gift to restore a mine to it's pristine state one day, then yes, you may be right.
    But still, it would statistically take 50 searches to refill one specific deposit.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Indeed, I don't think the Nature's gift ain't that useful in it self.. Thou if you're a really active player you may combine it with Surplus and Hidden Stash skills to chain-send geologist(s) to find deposits you remove like Brayarg mentioned..
    Quote Originally Posted by Brayarg View Post
    just collapse them
    To save resources, queue them up and then collapse.

I'll get Nature's gift on my Coal-geologist.. I only use 3 coal mines (lvl1 giving me about 700 coal/12h) and sending out that geologist about every 1,5h to quite often returning with some nice stuff..
    I'll probably spend some codex on that useless "Two in One"-skill just to get rid of that post in achievements..
    http://www.settlersonlinewiki.eu/gui...tem-geologist/

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by SmurfAsH View Post
    Indeed, I don't think the Nature's gift ain't that useful in it self.. Thou if you're a really active player you may combine it with Surplus and Hidden Stash skills to chain-send geologist(s) to find deposits you remove like Brayarg mentioned..

To save resources, queue them up and then collapse.
    If you have only 1, then you must collapse all except for 1 deposit, which means you can't use any of the deposits except the one you want to refill.
    Even if you use it on a Gold Mine, the 10% chance for 100 additional Gold Ore (=10 Gold Ore per search, on average!) coming at the price of not being able to use any of the other 5 deposits for lv3 gold mines comes at a price which is fairly unproportional to the benefits.

Plus, you'd not only be forced to collapse them once, but you will need to collapse them again and again after every search, which is quite tedious considering you're talking about 5 coins of value.
    It may be a better suggestion to send off an Explorer to short treasure searches ... they rake in more profit, lol!

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpielein View Post
    If you have only 1, then you must collapse all except for 1 deposit, which means you can't use any of the deposits except the one you want to refill.
    Even if you use it on a Gold Mine, the 10% chance for 100 additional Gold Ore (=10 Gold Ore per search, on average!) coming at the price of not being able to use any of the other 5 deposits for lv3 gold mines comes at a price which is fairly unproportional to the benefits.

Plus, you'd not only be forced to collapse them once, but you will need to collapse them again and again after every search, which is quite tedious considering you're talking about 5 coins of value.
    It may be a better suggestion to send off an Explorer to short treasure searches ... they rake in more profit, lol!
    Yes, there are plenty of better ways to use codex than on Nature's gift; thou if you'd read the second part (that you didn't quote) of my last post, you'd atleast find it useful on one occasion.

Imho, profit ain't that valuable in this game anyway.. Atleast not compared to the time you spend.

Reply to Thread