Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 95 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Questions thread [Ask your question here]

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    hi guys, i was wondering if anyone can help. im currently stuck on the look out for the tools quest. i cant quite understand what its means by have a production of at least 0 for at least 12 hour. i have stopped all of my mines and productions but it doesnt seem to have worked.

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix1991 View Post
    hi guys, i was wondering if anyone can help. im currently stuck on the look out for the tools quest. i cant quite understand what its means by have a production of at least 0 for at least 12 hour. i have stopped all of my mines and productions but it doesnt seem to have worked.
    It means that you have to have 0 or positive production value for tools in the Economy Overview

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    test...

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    how do I block?

World
    Sandycove
    For some examples, see the wiki in the adventures section. Many of the guides include blocks. They are also common in other guides by assorted players.

Basically, blocking is an attack on a camp that will neither win nor lose, and thereby prevent that camp from intercepting a general. The object then is to do another attack on the leader camp for that sector, and when the leader is destroyed all other camps in that sector are destroyed too. If the block lasts long enough for you to take out the leader you lose nothing in the camp that was doing the block.

For example, say there was a leader camp with a regular camp next to it. Trying to attack the leader would cause the general to get intercepted by the nearby camp. So a force is sent to the regular camp to 'keep it busy' while another general slips by and goes to the leader, and when the leader is defeated the other camp will be gone too.

Use a guide for the first few times till you get used to it, then you can consider creating your own. Remember, the block needs to last long enough for you to do another attack on the leader and defeat it. AND MOST IMPORTANT use regular generals to block (not Grim Reaper, MMA, etc.) so the fight will last long enough for the main attack to work. There are very few exceptions to this, and as far as I know the Wiki adventure guides always expect a regular general in a block.

Also, I think it's important to say that blocking is not officially supported by BB so if something goes wrong (and sometimes it does) there's no point in complaining. Sometimes I don't block and take out all the camps one by one so that I know exactly what I will lose, because some complex blocks can fail on you causing you to lose a lot of troops. So keep in mind there is risk involved.
    Last edited by Xibor; 18.01.16 at 03:06.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

World
    Newfoundland
    I have lost faith in the combat simulator.

Trying to find the best result for the Gunpowder adv camp #22 and it keeps telling me to use 270 recruits with a loss of 146 - 170 which is NOT the best result at all.
    Best result I can find so far would be 58r, 1es, 130cav & 81 cannon with a loss of 48 - 58 recruits.

Yes, I have clicked on all resets, yes I have cleared cache and yes I have rebooted.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hi,

I am trying to complete The Last Route. I have to send my explorers to gather 500 granite and 500 exotic wood using very long treasure searches. However, when I used books on one of my explorers it seemed to suggest the medium treasure search was likely to give me granite - so I am wondering (as I don't seem to be obtaining exotic wood or grantic on very long searches and they take forever), if in fact the quest should be for some other treasure search?

I've been at this quest for some time now and don't seem to getting very far - in fact if I can remember correctly - the exotic wood and granite I have found, came from searches other than very long ones.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

VH

World
    Sandycove
    'The Last Route' requires a very long treasure search. And you will have to be very patient - this one will take a while as the explorers don't find granite/exotic wood very often and it takes a lot. Just hang in there.
    Last edited by Xibor; 01.02.16 at 21:54. Reason: corrected "long" to "very long"

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Thanks Xibor. Do you mean the 'very long' treasure search?

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Von_Hapsberg View Post
    Thanks Xibor. Do you mean the 'very long' treasure search?
    Find 500 granite during a very long treasure search
    Find 500 exotic wood during a very long treasure search

Yes - apologies for the mistake in the previous post. The type of search is taken literally in this case. Good luck!

The 'main' quests:

http://www.settlersonlinewiki.eu/mission/main-quest/

Reply to Thread