Reply to Thread

Thread: Adventure rewards for multiple players

World
    Newfoundland

Adventure rewards for multiple players

Current system works as follows:

For every player that earns reward, full set is generated. It consists of:

Slot 1: 1x pack of luxury resources (exotic wood, granite, titan ore, salpeter)
    Slot 2: 1x pack of intermediate resources (marble/ hardwood planks)
    Slot 3+4: 2x packs of weapons, generated independently (anything from longbows to cannons, depending on the adventure)
    Slot 5: 1x pack of either beer, bread or settlers
    SLot 6: 1x pack of either resource refills or gold coins, other than that: decoration items or castles

In order to earn the reward, each player has to either kill an enemy unit or (not confirmed) - attack any enemy camp.

The reasons why this is wrong are following:

- player can get a full set of rewards while losing a recruit or 5 (depending on if he needs to actaully kill a unit); this leads to people buying into the hardest missions and getting huge amounts of luxury items with no real cost or need of commitment
    - for the reason above, market is flooded with items that normally should be hard to get.
    - as difficulty level of the adventure decreases with time (players capabilities of army production increase with upgrades), many of the missions can be soloed and should be allowed to (regardless of the intentions there is no real need for doing it in a group of players); this is turned down as a player soloing a 3-man mission will only get one set of rewards (not worth the trouble in most cases)
    - above problem is one of the most important reasons for multiaccounting

The proposal:

Make the game generate one set of rewards, that is then distributed accordingly to each players commitment into beating the enemies (just like experience points).

Reasons why its a good idea:

- helps combat some of the issues mentioned above
    - allows flexibility and efficiency when doing missions in a team (no need to precisely calculate the attacks in order to have all the players get the rewards they deserve, eg. if one sacrificing 200C is needed to beat one of the camps, it increases the costs for one player, that will later have to be mitigated by other players losing a little more in subsequent fights; with this small change said player will right away get more of the rewards)
    - would probably lead to some adventures becoming more attractive (eg. Id personally like to solo Steppes every now and then, but not if I only get one set of rewards that wont even refund half of what ill lose; with a little help, say someone who sacs a couple hundred recruits on first wave attacks and is later properpy rewarded, this adv would seem alot more appealing).

Discuss !

SidV
    i like the slots ... its more fun ... one set would be boring me.

World
    Newfoundland
    Its not about the slots, its about dividing the rewards .. Current system is abused like 99% of the time, the way I already described.

Technically a level 30 can have a fully upgraded village and a stack of luxury weapons without completing a single adventure, just leeching the multiplayer ones, losing 1-5 recruits each mission.

SidV
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkz View Post
    Its not about the slots, its about dividing the rewards .. Current system is abused like 99% of the time, the way I already described.

Technically a level 30 can have a fully upgraded village and a stack of luxury weapons without completing a single adventure, just leeching the multiplayer ones, losing 1-5 recruits each mission.
    Yeap theoretical possible. But whats the sinn to have all weapons and a fully upgraded village if you don't play adventures *gg* ... i have no problem with somebody who do that so. Then he's a master in trading ^^ otherwise he could not pay the loot slots

I dont think that he get many slots for free ^^

Reply to Thread