View Poll Results: What type of pvp would you preffer,what does agree with you[multiple choice]

Voters
218. You may not vote on this poll
  • PVP persistent map , battles with combined forces each round.Ability to join in the next round

49 22.48%
  • PVP persistent map , battles with combined forces each round.Can't join in next round

7 3.21%
  • PVP persistent map, battles with 1 army each round

11 5.05%
  • PVP duels ,ranking sistem instead of persistent map

24 11.01%
  • Curent island as SafeZone. Aditional teritories vulnerable

153 70.18%
  • All vulnerable.Defeated player starts with new village but keeps level

16 7.34%
  • Armies can travel only on friendly or allied ground

28 12.84%
  • Only squares/areas at the edge of teritory are vulnerable to attack

19 8.72%
  • NO PVP at all

30 13.76%
  • I don't care

3 1.38%
  • I do not understand the system you are trying to relay or the poll options

5 2.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: What type of PVP would you like

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    I think the option where your hometown is safe and additional territories can be takeover is a nice option, where as someone battles you they can also take a portion of the loot in storage or so? Either way with PvP you shouldn't only be possible to gain something also to lose, else it's boring as hell.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    If they implement an arena style pvp it would be a too bad. Unless you are really hipped by rankings and win /lose score there would not be much more to PVP.
    I was really searching for a game that will give this feeling of dynamic strategic/economic/political struggle.

I guess we will see.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    That is probably the only way to please all people...in effect two different games. The there doesn't have to be unsatisfactory compromises.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hi.

As someone who has a full-time job and a girlfriend and a social life, I can't play this sort of game all the time, but I do enjoy playing them when I can. The problem with PvP in most games like this is that it renders the game pointless for anyone who has a life, because you just get destroyed by 12year olds skipping school. So I'm really enjoying the fact that there is no PvP in this game at the moment, and I'd welcome it if there was a way I could continue as standalone or in any case not just get battered by people who basically spend their whole lives in front of it, every time I log off!

Trading is great, in that I can do it as much or as little as I want.

In other words this is great, good game thanks guys, if you can keep the option to keep it as it is that would probably suit a lot of people!

Cheers.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Well, the way i propose the PVP to be implemented gives you ample opportunities as a non PVP heavy player but also give you a role to play in the highly dynamic world of hard core PVPers as a supplier of raw material

The way i see it no one player should be able to produce enough resources to wage continuous full on war. While a Warmonger would focus on troop production and such it would be desirable that he would need to buy finished goods from traders to speed up his troops recruitment. That is where a trader comes in , and also some level of politics as to whom you sell your goods. As a trader you might not have a territory on the PvP map but who said that serious guilds will not also need serious traders amongst them. But you would enjoy the political aspect a war creates , the dynamized trade fluctuations based on amount of wars going on and the market speculation and fun a trader player can have because of all this.

The only thing devs should take care of is that military focused people need suppliers and can't just be good at troop recruiting AND resource production AND refining at the same time.

World
    Newfoundland
    someone mentioned earlier about people who buy gems will get a significant advantage over non payers... well BB has said before that this will not be the case... paying people only have a small advantage and a non payer can work hard and do just as well as a paying player

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    im all for people to be able to pvp, however i would not support any sort of pvp where my town is in danger.
    so a safezone for your first island, definatly.
    alternativly, would be to open up a big map with several areas like the persistant pvp map mentioned in the poll. where several players can fight together.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Waldor View Post
    im all for people to be able to pvp, however i would not support any sort of pvp where my town is in danger.
    so a safezone for your first island, definatly.
    alternativly, would be to open up a big map with several areas like the persistant pvp map mentioned in the poll. where several players can fight together.
    this does seem to look like the general consensus on it....

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hmmm - to me Settlers have always been about more than just 'beating up' the other team/player.

I'm not that interested in the fighting... However - PvP is about more than sending armies against each-other.

I would like to see PvP implemented, but whether I participate much will depend.

I would need my home island to be safe...

Participating in PvP should not only have the chance of gains, but also of losses. (Gain xp, but loose resources for example)

If it is 'fighting' I would like it to be limitations of how many troops, and how many of each troop to bring. Say max 1000 units, but you would have to choose how many of each troop to bring, and that 'elite' troops would be limited. Spamming recruits (which is getting rather boring) or bringing only elite troops against someone who does not have them seems rather dull to me. There is no challenge in that...

I would also like to see some PvP that is not based around sending armies against eachother. Resource gathering and planning is one of the aspects I enjoy in the game, as well as trade. I would love to see PvP where extraction of resources, trading or similar decided the outcome. Much more enjoyable than spamming recruits, to me at least...

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Economy pvp!

Reply to Thread