Quote Originally Posted by Xarandir View Post
To be honest i'm having a hard time trying to imagine how pvp in a persistent world map would "work" in this game. I mean if you just send settlers to the map you get whiped away even before you first building is finished. If you send only an army you dont have anything to defend in the new world. Only thing I can think of using a persistent map is defending resource deposits (mines) that you "own" if you manage to defend them.

pvp to me is more than just clashing armies. There should be strategic and tactical thinking involved. There should be planning, negotiation and diplomatics involved. I think this is difficult to realise in this game with battles between players. I would opt for guild battles. With guild battles maybe something like the following is possible:

1) one guild declares war to another guild with approximately the same ranking. (Needs discussion in the attacking guild)
2) The guild that is challenged accepts or rejects the war invitation (needs discussion in the defending guild)
3) if war declaration is accepted a war is initiated.
4) if war declaration is rejected the defending guild has to pay resources to the attacking guild.
5) bluebytes assigns a map (war zone) and a treasure to fight for to this war declaration.
6) Both guilds have one week to study the map, work out an attack/defend strategy etc. (needs some thought)
7) After this week troops may be sent to the war zone (defenders first)
8) Defenders defend the treasure, attackers try to capture the treasure.
9) after the battle the treasure is divided over players of the winning guild, and the map is obsolete.

Players who dont like to fight (or are not in a position to fight) may support their guild by providing supplies.

Just a suggestion tho...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interesting... i really like this idea! Thmubs up!