Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wild Mary, WTF?

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland

Wild Mary, WTF?

I sent 199 cav on Wild Mary and her 199 Guard Dogs. The battle report doesnt show 199 Guard Dogs but 200 and no(!) Wild Mary... whats even more suspicious is all of the dead dogs survived the cav charge and NOTHING happend to Wild Mary's camp.

Seriously duh... 199 cavalry is like 8000 horses and 6000 beer and additionally it means I wont ever be able to clear this camp if the dogs are eternal undead zombie dogs. I would very much appreciate if anyone from BB could help me out with this gamebreaking bug.

here's documentation:

edit.. actually I figured out what was going on, the cavalry attacked the dog camp way south west of Wild Mary. totally awesome. seriously... I could clear the rightmost camp without that dog camp interfering but now going for wild mary the dogs intercept my cavalry. and I thought my 200 recruits on chuck was an expensive mistake....

I still feel like the game cheated me on my cav in this
    Last edited by Zavvy; 16.01.12 at 18:29.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    ok I should have done my homework if you will, all bandit camps around the bandit leader will snipe your attempts at attacking the leader. meaning you have to pretty much clear everything apparently. almost everything

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    How did you make it to the last sector without realising that XD

Aunt Irma’s Favourite Writer Nukar's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Why are you asking after 4 months? ....
    Nevermind I give up

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Zavvy

4 months? ....

World
    Newfoundland
    Date of thread creation: 16.01.12 18:24

Nearly 4 months. :P

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    I have the same problem with Wild Mary. Can someone pleeeeeeeeeese tell me how to kill her and her dogs. That is all that is left to get rid of now, all the other camps having being wiped out, but WM and her dogs refuse to be beaten even after sending hundreds of various troops in. She is indestructible. I think I'll go back to SII. At least it goes a lot faster than this game.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Whats the deal with wild mary? How can I eliminate this last bandit leader and her dogs. Tried everythinh...feel sorry for all dem good soldiers I had slaughtered. Any clues? Thanks in advance!

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Sandycove
    You mist first sacrifice 199 cavalry to kill her dogs, then finish her off with a mix of soldiers and longbowmen. There is no way you can defeat her without killing the dogs first, and unfortunately the only way to do that is to sacrifice cavalry.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    There are so many guides on here that tell you exactly what to send to wild mary in waves and in what order, and if you follow these guides correctly you will beat her.

It is no good just sending loads of random troops at her or you will wipe out all your men for no reason and it will be a watse of good troops.

The reason it has to be done a certain way is because you need to take out certain things in certain orders in order for it to be affective or you just waste troops.. So just come here and read the guides first and then there will be no complaints about loss of troops for no reason.

You have second strike units that will be wiped out by the enemies first strike units if you dont send in first strike units yourself to take care of it first.

This all starts making sense if you use a combat simulator and mess around with different strategies and it actually makes the game more fun as it isnt so simple and you have to think about it. If you could just send a load of random troops in without thinking the game would actualy be very boring and pointless.

So have fun but read up the guides and use battle sims before just sending troops in to die and then moaning about it..

Reply to Thread