Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: [Guide] Efficient Building Placement

Hedin
    Thank you for the great maps.
    Is there any tips for efficient (and pretty) location for a larger buildings?
    such as watermills (and maybe friary)?

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Sandycove

Here's a map I made up for zone 9 that I thought would be a good place to set up a self contained silo and farming area (as I don't really care for the gold mines all that much).

Everything above the line utilises the top field, and everything below the line utilises the bottom field.
    The numbers are the total travel times for either building to do it's thing in regards to their respective field.

Below the line, set up silos in a 36, 36, 44, 60, 60. Set up Farms in a 28, 44, 52, 52, 60. If you feel it's too far, optionally you can drop one of the 60 second silos and farms to keep it equal overall. Both groups have exactly equal total travel time (236 for all 5 of either type), so the field will never deplete.

Above the line, set up silos in a 52, 36, 36, 44. Set up Farms in a 28, 36, 44, 60. Equal walking times (total is 168 for all 4 of either type), the field will never deplete.

And that's about it.
    1 storehouse, 2 fields, 9 farms, 9 silos, timings all match up for the fields to remain constant.
    To ensure it's accuracy I let the field in the top section on my island drop to 162 wheat. It hovers up and down slightly as the different timings occur, but overall it has stayed steady for several weeks now.

As further options, there's a 60 and a 68 left above the line, you could pop a farm and silo in these respectively, but I wasn't happy for things to go over 60 seconds.
    Similarly, there's a 68 and 76 left over below the line you could do the same with, but again, probably too far.
    Last edited by Thrade; 31.08.13 at 10:33.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagesmurf View Post
    Also be sure to check out this awesome map made by Dynuel!

where did the map go ?

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Would be nice to have that map back, wish I had made a copy.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    All of http://www.bartpolski.co.uk/ has gone missing, I want the Resource map back rather badly too.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove

Wink Reuploading map of placment, lost in net

Reuploading map image of building placment:
    Galery of all
    http://postimg.org/gallery/a8y0t5r4/

Original HD 4500x2900 px 1,8 Mb

Half 2250x1450 px 980Kb

Compresed:
    Compresed original 1,6 Mb

Compresed half 400Kb

compresed 1/4 1280px 150kb

Grid map:
    http://postimg.org/gallery/aj64ahhe/

Original 3Mb
    Original compresed 500Kb

Of corse it' not my work. I'm just reuploading it in hoaps it dosen't get lost and forgoten. I did howewer resize them.
    Last edited by Strelicija; 01.04.13 at 14:01. Reason: Editing links.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    [ Censored ]

from brazil

English only please,
    peck_ed
    Last edited by peck_ed; 05.05.13 at 19:49.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Any updates/new insights on this ? I've "drawn" the spots on my map ... saving up resources to move my buildings ...
    Last edited by Di_Rupo; 26.06.13 at 06:57.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrade View Post

Here's a map I made up for zone 9 that I thought would be a good place to set up a self contained silo and farming area (as I don't really care for the gold mines all that much).

Everything above the line utilises the top field, and everything below the line utilises the bottom field.
    The numbers are the total travel times for either building to do it's thing in regards to their respective field.

Below the line, set up silos in a 36, 36, 44, 60, 60. Set up Farms in a 28, 44, 52, 52, 60. If you feel it's too far, optionally you can drop one of the 60 second silos and farms to keep it equal overall. Both groups have exactly equal total travel time (236 for all 5 of either type), so the field will never deplete.

Above the line, set up silos in a 52, 36, 36, 44. Set up Farms in a 28, 36, 44, 60. Equal walking times (total is 168 for all 4 of either type), the field will never deplete.

And that's about it.
    1 storehouse, 2 fields, 9 farms, 9 silos, timings all match up for the fields to remain constant.
    To ensure it's accuracy I let the field in the top section on my island drop to 162 wheat. It hovers up and down slightly as the different timings occur, but overall it has stayed steady for several weeks now.

As further options, there's a 60 and a 68 left above the line, you could pop a farm and silo in these respectively, but I wasn't happy for things to go over 60 seconds.
    Similarly, there's a 68 and 76 left over below the line you could do the same with, but again, probably too far.
    can u make a screenshot pls with farms and silos placed

Reply to Thread