Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: [Offline] TSO - Combat Simulator

World
    Northisle
    Hi, what do you mean with:
    then if i scroll down i dont see the total for wave 2
    ?

I simulated it too. Here's the result (it's a bit small, I zoomed out):

You get 3 boxes. The first one contains the result of the first wave. In the second one you find the result of the second wave and the third one contains the result of both waves.

Or are you searching for anything else?

I presume this means first send in 40C, then after defeat, send the army at nr2?
    Yes!
    Last edited by Asipak; 13.06.12 at 13:56.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Ok i get it now, it was confusing for me because when you are on the page, you only see the required army for the first wave, imho it is not that clear that u have to click the small circle at the top of the table to see what army you need for the second wave.

World
    Northisle
    You can also just move your cursor over these bullets. Then you get a tooltip with information about the wave armies.

World
    Northisle
    Swapped camps in Horseback

In map of Horseback adventure the camps numbered 15 and 16 in SidV numbering (http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/8...tacticmap1.jpg) are swapped. The leader camp with 90 Riding Amazonian and 10 Uproarious Bull should be in the left (http://imageshack.us/f/163/horseback.png).

Combat simulator is perfect tool, good work. (-;

World
    Northisle
    Thanks, I've fixed it!

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove

Malware warning

Chrome Safe Browsing sometimes shows following malware warning :

Warning: Something's Not Right Here!

settlersonlinesimulator.com contains content from supremacy1914, a site known to distribute malware. Your computer might catch a virus if you visit this site.

Google has found malicious software may be installed onto your computer if you proceed. If you've visited this site in the past or you trust this site, it's possible that it has just recently been compromised by a hacker. You should not proceed, and perhaps try again tomorrow or go somewhere else.

We have already notified supremacy1914 that we found malware on the site. For more about the problems found on supremacy1914, visit the Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page.
    That should be repeatable at least using this link :
    http://settlersonlinesimulator.com/d..._13=40&u_16=60
    (if you don't see warning right away few clicks to Hall of Fame quickfilter should do it)

World
    Northisle
    supremacy1914
    is another browsergame. There are some ads on my page for this game. I don't know why Chrome throws an error, but, in my opinion, browser warnings about viruses or malware shouldn't be a reason to worry about.

Anyway, I'll remove these ads from the simulator until the malware warnings have disappeared.

Thanks for the hint.

Regards

[edit] It's like I thought: The problem exists since 03/07/12 obviously because of an user posting on the forum of supremacy1914 that contains a link to an infected website. That is why Google has blacklisted the website of the browsergame. Now you get warnings in Chrome and Firefox because Firefox uses this blacklist. There should be a solution in some days. So you don't need to worry about it.

[edit] The problem has been solved by the admins of supremacy1914.
    Last edited by Asipak; 06.07.12 at 06:50.

World
    Newfoundland
    Hi Asipak,
    I've used you're battle simulator for a while now, and it's one of the best I've used so far.
    I'm a Dutch speaking gamer on the Newfoundland Server, and I'm a guildleader too.
    There are some people in my guild who don't understand the language very well, and I wonder if there's a possability that I can help to translate your simulator into Dutch, or that you can explain me exactly how to calculate the battle, so I can make a simulator in Dutch language myself.
    I think that a translation into Dutch will be the best, but I don't know if that's an option for you.

I use the English version of the simulator, but I've noticed that the text for the needed and lost units remain in German.

I also have some remarks on some of the adventures, because in those adventures there are several camps with the same amount of enemy's in, but in your simulator, those camps are only counted once, so the totals of the units to use, and the totals of the units lost are not quite exact. If you like to have a list of the adventures with wrong totals, I will make one...

Greetings,

Cheetahke

World
    Northisle
    There are some people in my guild who don't understand the language very well, and I wonder if there's a possability that I can help to translate your simulator into Dutch
    Nothing easier than that.

Here we have the english language file:

Code:
    /**
     * navigation
     */

$lang['en']['navi'] = array(
        'Combat Simulator',
        'The Combat System',
        'Adventures',
        'Changelog',
        'Forum',
        'Administrate Units',
        'Changelog',
        'features' => 'Features',
    );

/**
     * simulation
     */
    $lang['en']['description']['main'] = 'This The Settlers Online - Combat Simulator supports already
           the new combat system and the adventures of the browser game.';
    $lang['en']['keywords']['main'] = 'the settlers online, combat simulator, battle simulator, tso';
    $lang['en']['description']['adventures'] = 'The adventures have arrived: Here you will find information about the available adventures of The Settlers Online!';
    $lang['en']['keywords']['adventures'] = 'the settlers online, adventures';
    $lang['en']['description']['example-simulations'] = 'The Settlers Online: How can I defeat {camp-units}?
           Troops proposals and simulations to the camp: {camp-units}.';
    $lang['en']['keywords']['example-simulations'] = 'Simulations of other users, combat simulations, example simulations';
    $lang['en']['description']['home-island'] = 'Here you will find an overview of
       the bandit camps of your home island and troops proposals on how the bandit camps can be defeated.';

$lang['en']['subheading'] = 'combat simulator for
              <a href="http://www.thesettlersonline.com/en/">
                The Settlers Online
              </a>
              -
              <a href="http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/threads/15694-TSO-Combat-Siimulator">
                discuss this tool
              </a>
              in the forum - last update: ';
    $lang['en']['link-discuss'] = 'http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/threads/15694-TSO-Combat-Siimulator';

$lang['en']['user'] = 'Player';
    $lang['en']['enemy'] = 'Bandits';
    $lang['en']['hint-veteran'] = 'set unit limit to 250';
    $lang['en']['num_units'] = 'Number of units';
    $lang['en']['units-in-tower'] = 'Units in the tower';
    $lang['en']['simulate_battle'] = 'Simulate battle';
    $lang['en']['clear_input'] = 'Reset form';

$lang['en']['how-to-headline'] = 'How-to';
    $lang['en']['how-to'] = 'Fill in the number of your own units and the enemy in the battle simulator and click on "Simulate Battle".
      The screen is then centered on the minimum and maximum losses.

The number of combat simulations can be increased up to ' . NUM_MAX_SIMULATIONS . ' several times to repeat the same simulation.

You can reproduce the exact progress of the fight based on a sample simulation that can be found under the losses.';
    $lang['en']['how-to-simulations'] = 'If you have no idea how you should attack a certain camp on the best, enter only the number of enemy units, and you will be forwarded to previously performed simulations of other users.

You can also reach these comparison tables on following the link under the minimum and maximum losses, after you have started a simulation.';

$lang['en']['sim_info'] = 'Information to simulation';
    $lang['en']['sim_info_how_often'] = 'The simulation was run ' . NUM_SIMULATIONS . ' times in a row.';
    $lang['en']['sim_example'] = 'Example simulation';
    $lang['en']['link_simulation_headline'] = 'Link combat simulation';
    $lang['en']['link_simulation'] = 'Copy and paste the link to this combat simulation to show others.';

$lang['en']['round-s'] = 'Round';
    $lang['en']['round-pl'] = 'Rounds';
    $lang['en']['round'] = 'Round';
    $lang['en']['deficits'] = 'Minimum and maximum losses';
    $lang['en']['damage'] = 'Caused damage';
    $lang['en']['damage-caused'] = 'causes {damage-value} damage to';
    $lang['en']['interim_result'] = 'Interim result';
    $lang['en']['minimal_loss'] = 'Minimal loss';
    $lang['en']['maximal_loss'] = 'Maximal loss';
    $lang['en']['lost_resources'] = 'Consumed raw materials';
    $lang['en']['survivors'] = 'Survivors';

$lang['en']['user-simulations-headline'] = 'Combat simulations of other users';
    $lang['en']['user-simulations'] = 'Each combat simulation is saved, so you can';
    $lang['en']['user-simulations-linktext'] = 'take a look at simulations of other users.';
    $lang['en']['explanation-user-simulations'] = array(
        'At this point, combat simulations of the selected stock are listed that have already been carried out by other users.',
        'The simulations are in accordance with the minimum losses of the enemy, in descending order, and finally sorted in ascending order by the loss of value.',
        'Showing only simulations, which were carried out at least 400 times and amount to their minimum losses of the opponent not 0.',
    );

$lang['en']['no-tower'] = 'No watchtower';
    $lang['en']['tower-50'] = 'Watchtower';
    $lang['en']['tower-75'] = 'Reinforced watchtower';

$lang['en']['simulations-run'] = 'The simulation was run {num} times.';
    $lang['en']['headline-simulation-advanced'] = 'Advanced features';

$lang['en']['hall-of-fame-explanation'] = 'Here you will find the best combat simulations 
      ever conducted for this camp. Some columns of the table can be sorted by 
      clicking on the column header.';
    $lang['en']['units'] = 'Units';
    $lang['en']['value'] = 'Value';

$lang['en']['wave'] = 'Wave';

// adventures
    $lang['en']['adventure'] = 'Adventures';
    $lang['en']['adventure-1'] = 'Witch of the Swamp';
    $lang['en']['adventure-2'] = 'The Dark Priests';
    $lang['en']['adventure-3'] = 'Horseback';
    $lang['en']['adventure-4'] = 'The Dark Brotherhood';
    $lang['en']['adventure-5'] = 'Secluded Experiments';
    $lang['en']['adventure-6'] = 'The Nords';
    $lang['en']['adventure-7'] = 'Island of the Pirates';
    $lang['en']['adventure-8'] = 'Stealing from the rich';
    $lang['en']['adventure-9'] = 'Traitors';
    $lang['en']['adventure-10'] = 'Old Friends';
    $lang['en']['adventure-11'] = 'Sons of the veldt';
    $lang['en']['adventure-12'] = 'Outlaws';
    $lang['en']['adventure-13'] = 'Victor the vicious';
    $lang['en']['adventure-14'] = 'Mother Love';
    $lang['en']['adventure-15'] = 'The Black Knights';
    $lang['en']['adventure-16'] = 'Gunpowder';
    $lang['en']['adventure-17'] = 'Mad Henry';
    $lang['en']['adventure-18'] = 'Bandit Nest';
    $lang['en']['adventure-19'] = 'Roaring Bull';
    $lang['en']['adventure-20'] = 'Surprise Attack';
    $lang['en']['adventure-21'] = 'Save the Christmas Feast';
    $lang['en']['adventure-22'] = 'EM-Adventure';

$lang['en']['headline-choose-troops'] = 'Choose your troops';
    $lang['en']['choose-troops-howto'] = 'Select your available units and submit the form. 
      Then the most efficient troops will be calculated for the selected adventure.';
    $lang['en']['headline-army-proposals'] = 'Army proposals';
    $lang['en']['army-proposals-siminfo'] = 'All simulations shown here were performed 1000 times.';
    $lang['en']['army-proposals-waveinfo'] = 'Camps, that can only be defeated in several waves, should be simulated by yourself.
      The proposals for those camps needn\'t to be always ideal.';

$lang['en']['adv-info'] = 'Information';

/**
     * Tooltip
     */

$lang['en']['attributes'] = 'Attributes';
    $lang['en']['costs'] = 'Costs';
    $lang['en']['abilities'] = 'Abilities';

/**
     * Abilities
     */

$lang['en']['first_strike'] = 'First Strike';
    $lang['en']['normal_strike'] = 'Normal Strike';
    $lang['en']['last_strike'] = 'Last Strike';
    $lang['en']['attacks_weakest_unit'] = 'Attacks weakest target';
    $lang['en']['splash_damage'] = 'Splash damage';

/**
     * Attributes
     */

$lang['en']['ep'] = 'Experience';
    $lang['en']['min_damage'] = 'Min. damage';
    $lang['en']['max_damage'] = 'Max. damage';
    $lang['en']['hp'] = 'HP';
    $lang['en']['hit_percentage'] = 'Hit percentage';
    $lang['en']['towerbonus'] = 'Towerbonus';

/**
     * Hall of Fame
     */

$lang['en']['filter'] = 'Filter';
    $lang['en']['filter-description'] = 'Enter your own units, to filter the display';
    $lang['en']['legend'] = 'Legend';
    $lang['en']['hof-select-all'] = 'Select all';
    $lang['en']['hof-reset-cache'] = 'These data have been stored for {cache_hours} hours. They will be updated in {cache_minutes_left} minutes.';
    $lang['en']['hof-reset-now'] = 'Update now';
    If you translate it, I'll add Dutch as a new language.

I use the English version of the simulator, but I've noticed that the text for the needed and lost units remain in German.
    Do you talk about the resource names? Not anymore, I've translated these texts some days ago.

Or do you talk about anything different?

Note: If you want me to translate the unit names (I don't think there are official ones in dutch) you need to grab the names from the simulator. You won't find them in the language file. The same with the resource names, like Bronze sword.

I also have some remarks on some of the adventures, because in those adventures there are several camps with the same amount of enemy's in, but in your simulator, those camps are only counted once, so the totals of the units to use, and the totals of the units lost are not quite exact. If you like to have a list of the adventures with wrong totals, I will make one...
    I know about this fact. When I've started to add these camps to the database, I left out duplicate camps, because there was no feature that showed the totals and the needed troops. If you want, you can do a list, to help me to find the missing camps. Thanks.

Regards
    Last edited by Asipak; 08.07.12 at 11:19.

World
    Newfoundland
    Thanks for the quick response.

If you translate it, I'll add Dutch as a new language.
    I'll try to translate the text

Or do you talk about anything different?
    I talk about something different. I talk about this text :

Benötigte und verlorene Einheiten
    Die hier aufgelisteten Einheiten beziehen sich immer auf die jeweils erste Variante zu jedem Lager! Lasst ihr Lager aus, sind die benötigten Einheiten und die Verluste geringer!

Mitzunehmende Armee

1202 15 199 235 89
    Verluste

As you can see, when I copy the text for the totals, and put it inhere, the kind of units are not shown. Is it possible, if you change something for those totals, that you put the short terms for the units next to the numbers (like R for recruits, C for cavalry, and so on)? That will make it far more easier to know what kind of units to use (thinking about new starting people)...

Note: If you want me to translate the unit names (I don't think there are official ones in dutch) you need to grab the names from the simulator. You won't find them in the language file. The same with the resource names, like Bronze sword.

I know about this fact. When I've started to add these camps to the database, I left out duplicate camps, because there was no feature that showed the totals and the needed troops. If you want, you can do a list, to help me to find the missing camps. Thanks.
    I will ask in my guild if it is necessary to translate the unit names and the resource names, but I doubt it, because in the game, those names are written in English, and atm everybody uses those, but I will translate them for you

And for the list, I will take a look at all my notes, and put the adventures with the duplicate camps inhere.

Greetings

Reply to Thread