Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: [Offline] TSO - Combat Simulator

World
    Northisle
    Hm, okay. The problem is, that the game settings file says, that the cannoneers ignore the bonus tower armor. Obivously, they do not ignore 100% of it. As I dont know the exact value, simulations with cannoneers against towers are not reliable anymore.

In a very old file the value was 13%. I do not know if it is still the case, but I will set this value back as default. Please check if the results match with yours now.

And please tell me your exact losses.

Regards
    Last edited by Asipak; 06.01.13 at 15:25.

World
    Northisle
    Still something weird, seems now losses is higher on sim after u changed something but still:

Before battle: Link
    After round 1: Link
    After the battle: Link

Used 99R 1E 150K for 60DE 40DK with stone tower checked.
    Last edited by Ra_V_en; 07.01.13 at 22:08.

World
    Northisle
    Hi, I tried to open your screenshots, but, unfortunatly, i didn't get access to them. Obviously the hoster is very slow or the images are down. Please up them on a better image hoster like http://imageshack.us/. Or just tell me the losses in words. I'll check it then.

At the moment, the cannoneers ignore 13% of the bonus tower armor. Before, they ignored 100%. This is why the losses in the sim are higher now.

Regards

[edit]

Okay, i could open the images now. I'll try to find a percentage, that returns the correct values.

If you have more results, please tell me, that I can compare them with the simulation.

[Update]

I've set the percentage to 0%. The simulator really simulates the worst case now. As your loss of cannoneers was 9, the simulation returns a maxium loss of 14 cannoneers now. Please check further simulations with cannoneers against towers to confirm the results.

Pay attention to simulations with cannoneers against towers that have been already repeated 2200 times. They could show a result that applies to old values. Those simulations will be replaced by the correct ones with the time.

Thanks for your help!
    Last edited by Asipak; 08.01.13 at 11:32.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    I have been wondering lately, going through adventure yet another time with a tactical map solution along the lines of http://settlersonlinewiki.cba.pl/ind...ienna-wiedzma/
    and as i often check the numbers everytime in your simulator and never care about writing down the exact numbers, it has struck me:
    every camp to defeat is described like:
    G1 | 3 | 40 Kultysta, 40 Fanatyk | 1 fala 11 Rekrut, 1 Żołnierz, 188 Koń [straty 11 R] (which is the enemy camp troops and the player troops needed for victory, sometimes in several waves)
    what if it was a link like: ?
    http://settlersonlinesimulator.com/d...adventure_id=1

But that is still a lot of manual work and i don't really like maps with numbers with a table with rows for every of these numbers where i have to scroll around.
    The maps should be like in your simulator, where i just aclick a camp on it and i get player troops and the campt troops.

I'm a drupal dev, so i could set up a website which automaticallt composes such a links from the values... of the camps, but someone would have to enter all of them first and why do it while your simulator has all of them?
    Drupal would also be fun, coz people could collaborate in entering these values and specific people could be given roles to maintain their tactical maps with solutions.

My point is, it would be a lot of recreating of the interface and database values, which are already made in your simulator... too long task for myself.

Maybe you want to introduce drupal by yourself? connecting it with your database could be tricky... but there are a lot of advatages. One is that, a developer doesnt really have to know programming and when i say it, i mean that the little feature i tried to explain shortly could be done by me in drupal and i don't programm in php.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    In adventures is summary called: Needed units and maximum losses. There is an bug in calculation. When some camps are equal (eg. OUTLAWS has two camps with 60 thug, 60 guard dog, 60 ranger) it is shown only once in Optimised army proposals. And to summary is added only once, not twice.
    Last edited by Tytoos_de_Pooh; 04.03.13 at 14:00.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Hi love the combat simulator! But I can't work out the latest change to the output filters. I'm trying to simulate the final camp of The Dark Brotherhood but can't enter more than 250 cav and get 0 solutions. Does someone know a work around?

World
    Northisle
    Hi, what do you mean? There are results for this camp for sure! Please check the filter settings, if you don't see any results!

You can change the number of your units using the form for the first wave of your own units. Then click on the blue icon to load the hall of fame with the new settings!

In adventures is summary called: Needed units and maximum losses. There is an bug in calculation. When some camps are equal (eg. OUTLAWS has two camps with 60 thug, 60 guard dog, 60 ranger) it is shown only once in Optimised army proposals. And to summary is added only once, not twice.
    Yes, I know that problem. There will be an update soon!

Regards
    Last edited by Asipak; 03.04.13 at 10:17.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hi Asipak!
    Thank you so much for building this incredibly useful tool for the benefit of so many of us!
    I have taken the liberty to do a small guide about the Combat Simulator here.
    Please do not hesitate to contact me should any errors be found in what I have written.
    Many thanks!
    nim.

World
    Northisle
    Thanks for this great guide!

Everything is correct! I've linked it in the first post.

Regards

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Hi Asipak, just wanted to say thanks for all the effort you've put into the simulator... I use it on a daily basis and can't imagine adventuring without it!

Reply to Thread