Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread: [Offline] TSO - Combat Simulator

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Asipak, the creator of settlersonlinesimulator.com/dso_kampfsimulator/, posted on the .de forum yesterday:

Quote Originally Posted by Asipak
    Hi,

I just wanted to give a short notice that I am unfortunately forced to cancel the project. Due to lack of time I can no longer take care of it to keep the site up to date, therefore this step appears to me to be the most sensible!

I wish all the settlers continue to enjoy the game! Thanks for all the support over the years!

Above via Google Trans. Click here for the Original
    Portion of follow-up post:

Quote Originally Posted by Asipak
    I had to take it offline, because the revenue from the advertising simply could no longer cover the server costs. Since the entire tool worked server-based, the whole burden was on the server itself and not on the client like Flash or Javascript applications.

Original
    Google Trans did enough odd things to this one it's probably best to read the rest yourself if you're curious.

With a number of good sims out there, personally, the "kampf" one was my sim of choice. Many thanks for all the time and effort Asipak, very sorry to see it go.

Best of luck with everything.
    Last edited by Iolanthe; 06.11.14 at 15:17. Reason: Added second quote

World
    Newfoundland
    There is "a number of good sims out there"? Where?

World
    Newfoundland
    i can not find the link to the combat sim on that site please bring back the site settlersonlinesimuatot.com/dso_kampfsimulator/en/that one was the beste not that what is now i get nothing no combat simulator on the site what is now http://hallophp.de/dso_kampfsimulator/en/ there i can not find a combat sim for settlers any more

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Linerl, here are some other popular ones:

Quote Originally Posted by DutchDuty View Post
    Also: http://settlersonlinemaps.com/fastsim.php?LangCode=2

There are at least few 'works in progress' in various languages too. No doubt they'll start getting around when/if they're sorted.

heinwe, have a look at this post for some of the conversation and explanations from the German forum.
    Last edited by Iolanthe; 06.11.14 at 15:27.

World
    Newfoundland
    Iolanthe, the first two are utterly useless, the third I did not know. Does not look too promising after my first trials...

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    u didn't even need the sim, i just used it for the hall of fame troop comps :<

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Is there a source code for this battle simulator available somewhere? I was thinking about running this on personal web server (127.0.0.1).

I checked the other simulators. I don't want to wait year or two for them to become usable.

This game is dead to me without a decent battle simulator.. well it had its times.. let's have a nice funeral!
    Last edited by Kotivalo; 08.11.14 at 04:47.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland

Talking why can't I get simulators for settlers I will leavew the game if not sorted.

why can't I get simulators for settlers I will leave the game if not sorted?????

World
    Northisle
    First of all the simulator that is not working is not dependant or mantained by the game, it is a dedicated player`s work and he mantained it on his own expenses and time as long as he could and had the time to do it.

When he can`t do it anymore, the simulator doesn`t work, it is as simple as that. Asipak (a player), who developed the most commonly used simulator is not active anymore and said he can`t take care of it anymore so took the simulator offline (the hallophp stuff one). He has my and many other players gratitude for developing and maintaining that simulator for as long as he did.

As I tried to show you above, there is no direct link between game and the simulator that doesn`t work so you should not threat to leave game for it. Just use another simulator. Google: 'settlers online combat simulator' and you will find another working one.
    Last edited by Polymer; 08.11.14 at 07:33.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    would be great to get the source out there. TSO will suffer a lot without a decent simulator and this one did it all.
    camps, generals, rounds, building destruction time.

BB should consider funding getting this back online.

Reply to Thread