Reply to Thread

Thread: Improvement possibilities.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland

Improvement possibilities.

This thread is purely suggestions for improvement. Feel free to disagree/ modify ideas/ propose counter ideas or tell me if stuff I've said is already in the works, or its there but I've just not managed to find it . Also I would like to note that I'm not trying to promote other games here, but the examples provided are for the benefit of admin/developers so they can see what I mean in action
    Chat bar
    -need an option for increasing the size of the chat bar, with people talking so fast its hard to keep up sometimes *suggestion withdrawn, thanks marlock :P*
    -need a slider bar for scrolling up and down chat, the arrow buttons don't do the job as well.
    -maybe an option to create a couple of your own channels that you can modify the people in it as you like (see EVE online for an example of that)

Player profiles/ rankings
    I have not found any way of looking players up individually, and maybe some sort of ranking system where you can look people up and check their profile to see their level/ achievements and such. Also having player rankings is a good way to introduce competitions (see CallofRoma for example). Having played without being in a guild as of yet its easy to feel isolated and this increase in player interaction through being able to look people up and see their statistics etc. would help players become more engrossed, and work harder to try and catch others up etc.

Building permits: The idea of permits is a good one, but they are too hard to get- only 10 from an easy bandit leader isn't very much at all, and possibly a regeneration system or other method of earning them. Possibly 1 per day? like an extra login reward/ daily quest.

Market: being able to sell resources for gems would be nice, they could make the rate for 1 gem very very high, but being able to trade stuff for gems would be a great add in- and could tie in with the previous idea of permits. You will still be able to buy them without having to spend all your real life money, but it will be hard enough to get them that a lot of people will take the lazy (or smart depending on your point of view) option of spending money on gems.

Notification system: I know there is the 'news' option in the chat bar, but as others have suggested, it would be nice to have notifications either by mail, or by a new similar option to see any important things that have happened when you are logged off.

Another thing I think would be cool, is if you could build on areas that used to be woodlands that you have cleared. In my starting sector, there are few trees left as I was hoping I would free up some building space, sadly this isn't the case. Or perhaps have a tool by which you clear the stumps of woodland permanently and turn it into build-able space at the cost of resources.

This is all I can think of right now, I'll be back to update it if I have any other suggestions .
    Last edited by TrollDemon; 25.01.12 at 19:57. Reason: New inspiration.

World
    Newfoundland
    you can increase the size of the chat bar.. its those two little arrows at the top of the bar that you click and drag .. and i would like a high scores list aswell

Reply to Thread